Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Summer Weather

Perth Summer Weather

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default Perth Summer Weather

Okay, just wondering how hot it's really going to be

I know statistically what the temperature range is but as far as day-to-day living is concerned just how restrictive is it?

We have an elderly (75 ish) relative hoping to visit in January for a month or two and we were all so looking forward to it until I started to think about the heat in summer. Do people still have days out, say, at the zoo or sightseeing or is everybody cooped up indoors close to the air conditioning?

January would be ideal for the visit but if it's going to be awful because of the heat I suppose we could re-schedule.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:22 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Summer Weather

Originally Posted by Sunshine7

I know statistically what the temperature range is but as far as day-to-day living is concerned just how restrictive is it?

We have an elderly (75 ish) relative hoping to visit in January for a month or two and we were all so looking forward to it until I started to think about the heat in summer. Do people still have days out, say, at the zoo or sightseeing or is everybody cooped up indoors close to the air conditioning?

January would be ideal for the visit but if it's going to be awful because of the heat I suppose we could re-schedule.
January will be very hot indeed, March is a nice time to visit though.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Too hot in January do you think? If the visit were to be for a couple of months would March and April be nice as in hot and sunny but not too hot?

Sorry for all the questions
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Too hot in January do you think? If the visit were to be for a couple of months would March and April be nice as in hot and sunny but not too hot?

January/Feb this year in Perth was really hot, 40 degrees on some days.

March is lovely, quite comfortable but still nice and warm.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

January does get very hot, but it's a dry heat and not nearly as oppressive as somewhere that has high humidity, that said common sense precautions, shade, plenty of water etc is order of the day.
I do agree with the opinion that march and april are the best months, cooler but still beautiful weather with no or little wind and far fewer flies
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

When you say cooler, do you mean 20-odd degrees like it is at the moment? Sounds like it would be much better for us to re-schedule for March and April then, thanks guys.

(I'm hoping the pool temperature will be a bit warmer by then, having had all summer to heat up)?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

When you say cooler, do you mean 20-odd degrees like it is at the moment? Sounds like it would be much better for us to re-schedule for March and April then, thanks guys.

(I'm hoping the pool temperature will be a bit warmer by then, having had all summer to heat up)?
Temps around then will likely be high 20's with some days still getting into the 30's. Pool will be just right also
I love this time of year
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

I'd say don't reschedule - you could count on your hands how many days it gets above 40 . Yes it's hot on other days but hey its Aus - air con in the car and all indoors. Perth has a nice wind in the arvo too .
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:32 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

sorry, I think you absolutely should reschedule, march is by far a better (and cheaper) option for those who are older and not used to the heat in my experience. You wouldnt be able to walk them around kings park in 38 degrees- thats approx 100F, yeah its a dry heat but for the older and uninitiated it can be a bit overwhelming.
Last year in january Perth recorded 12 days when the temps were over 35C
Hope this helps
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies - definitely going to re-schedule to March.

I just can't imagine being out and about all day doing touristy things in that heat to be honest, especially with an elderly person AND small children - don't think there would be much pleasure in it. I think we will spend January seeking out shade and air conditioning by the sounds of it
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 4:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's fantastic right now - this would be a great time to visit.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

We were there over Xmas last year and it was hot (and we leave in Singapore so it's not like we're not used to hot weather). I remember thinking that my parents would struggle with the heat, as they couldn't keep getting in the sea like us! I'll get my oldies to visit in Spring/Autumn.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's fantastic right now - this would be a great time to visit.

It really is gorgeous weather and we have had quite a few days of sunshine already.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

It really is gorgeous weather and we have had quite a few days of sunshine already.
I love this time of year - especially in the hills now that everything is blooming.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I love this time of year - especially in the hills now that everything is blooming.
We are getting the bob tail lizards at work now its getting warmer, all the wildlife seems really active, I love it.

Cant wait for it to get warm enough to go to the beach and lounge about for a few hours, plans for dolphin cruise, Rotto for the day, camping, cycling to Freo, cant wait.

Have you got alot of plans for the Summer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.