Reload this Page >

Perth Suburbs - Positives & Negatives

Perth Suburbs - Positives & Negatives

Old Sep 18th 2006, 1:42 pm
Moving to Perth 2007

est71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Suburbs - Positives & Negatives

Hi Everyone,

I am flying out to Perth in Febuary for a family holiday (me, wife and 2 kids 14&8). We will be taking time out to checkout schools, houses etc b4 we decide to make the move. At present we have searched the internet for information on the northern suburbs, Joondalup, Waneroo. House prices seem fair and there is a good choice of schools, we would prefer to settle nearer the coast.

Any advice and comments would be appreciated as to which areas are best suited for families / shops / value for money.

Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2006, 4:07 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Perth Suburbs - Positives & Negatives

Originally Posted by est71
Hi Everyone,

I am flying out to Perth in Febuary for a family holiday (me, wife and 2 kids 14&8). We will be taking time out to checkout schools, houses etc b4 we decide to make the move. At present we have searched the internet for information on the northern suburbs, Joondalup, Waneroo. House prices seem fair and there is a good choice of schools, we would prefer to settle nearer the coast.

Any advice and comments would be appreciated as to which areas are best suited for families / shops / value for money.

Thanks
Hi est71,

The areas you mention should be pretty good for families. More so the Joondalup area. Look at some of the other suburbs near to Joondalup, for example Carramar, Heathridge, Currambine, Kinross, Tapping (north of Wanneroo). Then further North you reach some cheaper suburbs nearer to the ocean but farther from the city, Clarkson and Merriwa (you should find some cheaper properties here).

In between there are more expensive suburbs nearer to the ocean, Ikula, Ocean Reef and Connolly. But very pricey!

Most suburbs have local shops, and schools etc. Joondalup, Currambine, Wanneroo and Clarkson have larger shopping centres.

We're in Kinross, and really like the place. I work in IT in the city, and Currambine station about 2kms from me, takes me straight into the city in 30 minutes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinross...tern_Australia

Depends on your budget, really. Perth house prices have risen sharply in recent years, and speculation amongst the economists is that this trend is over, and housing price growth is about to slow, or even go into reverse. But who knows. The resources boom could keep fuelling the house prices.

Whereabouts in Wigan are you? I was born in Golborne, my folks still live there.

Good luck with your quest into Australia, it's a wonderful place.

Cheers Paul
Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hi est71,

The areas you mention should be pretty good for families. More so the Joondalup area. Look at some of the other suburbs near to Joondalup, for example Carramar, Heathridge, Currambine, Kinross, Tapping (north of Wanneroo). Then further North you reach some cheaper suburbs nearer to the ocean but farther from the city, Clarkson and Merriwa (you should find some cheaper properties here).

In between there are more expensive suburbs nearer to the ocean, Ikula, Ocean Reef and Connolly. But very pricey!

Most suburbs have local shops, and schools etc. Joondalup, Currambine, Wanneroo and Clarkson have larger shopping centres.

We're in Kinross, and really like the place. I work in IT in the city, and Currambine station about 2kms from me, takes me straight into the city in 30 minutes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinross...tern_Australia

Depends on your budget, really. Perth house prices have risen sharply in recent years, and speculation amongst the economists is that this trend is over, and housing price growth is about to slow, or even go into reverse. But who knows. The resources boom could keep fuelling the house prices.

Whereabouts in Wigan are you? I was born in Golborne, my folks still live there.

Cheers Paul
I just thought I'd hijack this thread to say that I'm also from Wigan (Hindley) and am also hopefully heading to the northern suburbs of Perth!

My granddad lives in Mindarie and my aunty is in Butler, we'll be first time buyers so it will be a struggle but we're willing to give it a go! We were over for a hol last year and loved it.

I am also in IT btw and hoping to find a job when I get there.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:13 pm
Moving to Perth 2007

Hi est71,

Cheers Paul
Cheers for the information it is much appreciated.

I live in Hindley Green but my wife's brother and parents live in Golborne, small world is'nt it. We considered moving to Perth 10 years ago when we were last there on holiday, some of my OH family live out in Perth so it has always been an option to reconsider moving out. Hopefully when we come over in Feb we can make a decision either way.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:19 pm
Moving to Perth 2007

Originally Posted by wafc
I just thought I'd hijack this thread to say that I'm also from Wigan (Hindley) and am also hopefully heading to the northern suburbs of Perth!

My granddad lives in Mindarie and my aunty is in Butler, we'll be first time buyers so it will be a struggle but we're willing to give it a go! We were over for a hol last year and loved it.

I am also in IT btw and hoping to find a job when I get there.
I can't believe so many wiganers on one thread!!!

Yep we live in Hindley Green. So the holiday over there sold it to you, our trip in Feb my have the same effect.

I take it from your member name you support Wigan, I am a Liverpool supporter and will miss the footie if we move!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Hi est71,

Cheers Paul
Hi Paul,

My wife and I are planning to return to Perth in the next year. Sorry if this is off topic but could you give me an idea about the job situation for IT professionals in the city ?

cheers

Tim
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by est71
I can't believe so many wiganers on one thread!!!

Yep we live in Hindley Green. So the holiday over there sold it to you, our trip in Feb my have the same effect.

I take it from your member name you support Wigan, I am a Liverpool supporter and will miss the footie if we move!
Yes it certainly is a very small world as we're just up the road from each other!

I'm sure you'll love Perth, we did.

You're correct in saying that I'm a Wigan Athletic supporter, I even had to give up my season ticket this year as I'm hoping to have the visa sorted for the end of the year or soon after, that was a difficult decision I can tell you! Oh well, at least I'll still be able to watch them on Foxtel over in Oz!

PM me if you'd like to keep in touch via email etc.