British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth Suburbs - Feedback (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-suburbs-feedback-414175/)

kANGAROOZ Dec 17th 2006 8:45 pm

Perth Suburbs - Feedback

We're moving to Perth in June 07 but have already been out in Feb this year for a holiday and to have a look around. We've been looking at property in the Southern Suburbs and the new developments in this area. We've noticed a nice property in Granada Loop, Seville Grove.

Does anyone have any feedback on the South Suburbs preferably Seville Grove?
Thanks

northernbird Dec 17th 2006 8:53 pm

Re: Perth Suburbs - Feedback

Originally Posted by kANGAROOZ
We're moving to Perth in June 07 but have already been out in Feb this year for a holiday and to have a look around. We've been looking at property in the Southern Suburbs and the new developments in this area. We've noticed a nice property in Granada Loop, Seville Grove.

Thanks

I don't know much about the southern suburbs, I have friends in Leeming and Willeton and it seems nice enough down there.

As for Seville Grove I didn't know where it was and had to look on map. Its slap bang in the middle of Armadale and although I haven't been there Armadale does not have the best of reputations. There are far nicer suburbs SOR. Try Riverton, Willeton, Leeming, Bull Creek, Canning Vale.

kANGAROOZ Dec 17th 2006 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't know much about the southern suburbs, I have friends in Leeming and Willeton and it seems nice enough down there.

As for Seville Grove I didn't know where it was and had to look on map. Its slap bang in the middle of Armadale and although I haven't been there Armadale does not have the best of reputations. There are far nicer suburbs SOR. Try Riverton, Willeton, Leeming, Bull Creek, Canning Vale.

We started to look at Canning Vale last year, but the prices have now shot up out of our price range. We haven't come across the other places you've mentioned so will have a look at those. Didn't realise Armadale had a bit of a reputation.

Does anyone else have feedback on Armadales reputation?

jensteve Dec 17th 2006 10:12 pm

Thanks

Got a friend who lives out that way. Its ok I suppose as subburbs go, its always fairly quiet when we have visited, lots of singaporians in his street the same as him. Block sizes are good, he has plenty of room for a pool etc. Plus point still cheap but makes me wonder why?

Jenny

wavy_davy Dec 17th 2006 10:22 pm

We started to look at Canning Vale last year, but the prices have now shot up out of our price range. We haven't come across the other places you've mentioned so will have a look at those. Didn't realise Armadale had a bit of a reputation.

There's a huge amount of investment going into Armadale as we speak, when we moved here WA copper friend of ours advised against moving into the south east corridor from vic park through to armadale etc. From what I've read and seen this would be correct but as with anywhere there's still pockets of these areas that are absolutely fine. Kiara, Mirrabooka, Girrawheen, Balga, Malaga and parts of Innaloo in the North should be looked at carefully as well as they have a bad reputation. As far as value for money goes at the moment, SOR seems to be the better option, investment wise as well as there's stacks of growth and new road and rail links.

Hope this helps

Dave

ohippy Dec 17th 2006 10:45 pm

If you have children you'd be best to avoid Armdale senior school as it has a very bad rep

kiwi_child Dec 17th 2006 11:17 pm

Didn't realise Armadale had a bit of a reputation.

Armadale has had issues for years. It's like the Girrawheen/lockeridge/balga of the south. Low socio-economic area by and large with low income or govt beneficiares making up a significant proportion. Can be a bit rough at night esp around the local train stations etc. Get a lot of hoodlum gangs of kids causing mischief along the sth corridor trainline.

Northern Bird's recommended suburbs sound a lot better to me. Go for the best area you can afford NOT the el cheapo. Believe me , the extra $$$ you pay are worth it in peace of mind and comfort.

walla Dec 18th 2006 12:19 am

Consider infrastructure too, the southern suburbs mentioned previously all have good road links, in particular Leeming and Bull Creak, and the railway will be here in 6 months. Leeming to city will take 11 minutes on the train.

sj oldfield Dec 21st 2006 5:09 am

..........another factor you need to consider is the reputation of the schools in the area of your choice.

We found a good school for Jake FIRST, then bought in that suburb...........once you are in a house your choice of schools will be restricted by catchment area!!