Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Suburbs - Feedback

Perth Suburbs - Feedback

Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

kANGAROOZ is on a distinguished road
Smile Perth Suburbs - Feedback

We're moving to Perth in June 07 but have already been out in Feb this year for a holiday and to have a look around. We've been looking at property in the Southern Suburbs and the new developments in this area. We've noticed a nice property in Granada Loop, Seville Grove.

Does anyone have any feedback on the South Suburbs preferably Seville Grove?
Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:53 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Suburbs - Feedback

Originally Posted by kANGAROOZ
We're moving to Perth in June 07 but have already been out in Feb this year for a holiday and to have a look around. We've been looking at property in the Southern Suburbs and the new developments in this area. We've noticed a nice property in Granada Loop, Seville Grove.

Thanks
I don't know much about the southern suburbs, I have friends in Leeming and Willeton and it seems nice enough down there.

As for Seville Grove I didn't know where it was and had to look on map. Its slap bang in the middle of Armadale and although I haven't been there Armadale does not have the best of reputations. There are far nicer suburbs SOR. Try Riverton, Willeton, Leeming, Bull Creek, Canning Vale.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

kANGAROOZ is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Perth Suburbs - Feedback

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't know much about the southern suburbs, I have friends in Leeming and Willeton and it seems nice enough down there.

As for Seville Grove I didn't know where it was and had to look on map. Its slap bang in the middle of Armadale and although I haven't been there Armadale does not have the best of reputations. There are far nicer suburbs SOR. Try Riverton, Willeton, Leeming, Bull Creek, Canning Vale.

We started to look at Canning Vale last year, but the prices have now shot up out of our price range. We haven't come across the other places you've mentioned so will have a look at those. Didn't realise Armadale had a bit of a reputation.

Does anyone else have feedback on Armadales reputation?
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:12 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Thanks

Got a friend who lives out that way. Its ok I suppose as subburbs go, its always fairly quiet when we have visited, lots of singaporians in his street the same as him. Block sizes are good, he has plenty of room for a pool etc. Plus point still cheap but makes me wonder why?

Jenny
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:22 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

We started to look at Canning Vale last year, but the prices have now shot up out of our price range. We haven't come across the other places you've mentioned so will have a look at those. Didn't realise Armadale had a bit of a reputation.

There's a huge amount of investment going into Armadale as we speak, when we moved here WA copper friend of ours advised against moving into the south east corridor from vic park through to armadale etc. From what I've read and seen this would be correct but as with anywhere there's still pockets of these areas that are absolutely fine. Kiara, Mirrabooka, Girrawheen, Balga, Malaga and parts of Innaloo in the North should be looked at carefully as well as they have a bad reputation. As far as value for money goes at the moment, SOR seems to be the better option, investment wise as well as there's stacks of growth and new road and rail links.

Hope this helps

Dave
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have children you'd be best to avoid Armdale senior school as it has a very bad rep
Old Dec 17th 2006, 11:17 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realise Armadale had a bit of a reputation.
Armadale has had issues for years. It's like the Girrawheen/lockeridge/balga of the south. Low socio-economic area by and large with low income or govt beneficiares making up a significant proportion. Can be a bit rough at night esp around the local train stations etc. Get a lot of hoodlum gangs of kids causing mischief along the sth corridor trainline.

Northern Bird's recommended suburbs sound a lot better to me. Go for the best area you can afford NOT the el cheapo. Believe me , the extra $$$ you pay are worth it in peace of mind and comfort.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 12:19 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Consider infrastructure too, the southern suburbs mentioned previously all have good road links, in particular Leeming and Bull Creak, and the railway will be here in 6 months. Leeming to city will take 11 minutes on the train.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

..........another factor you need to consider is the reputation of the schools in the area of your choice.

We found a good school for Jake FIRST, then bought in that suburb...........once you are in a house your choice of schools will be restricted by catchment area!!