Perth Suburbs

Old May 13th 2011, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all
Default Perth Suburbs

Hi all

I know it is all a question of personal taste and, we need to do our own research. Which I will. Would really appreciate some pointers as to opinions on suburbs to live in Perth.

Ideally we would like to be within half hour commute to the city as we both need to find work. Hubbie is a carpenter. Not sure if carpentry is more sought after in particular areas??

We also have two kids 4 and 5, so would like somewhere with a good primary school.

Any tips or advice or good places to find info for my research would be greatly appreciated!

We are booked into a holiday home in Duncraig for 6 weeks, so need to crack on finding a long term rental as soon as we land!

Thanks all
Old May 13th 2011, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth Suburbs

The Perth hills have got some great primary schools. Not a bad commute into the CBD. Really depends on where you end up getting work. Probably looking at min $350/wk for a 3 x 1 to rent
Old May 13th 2011, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

We live in Duncraig, which is a nice area, we can walk to 2 pubs most of the surrounding areas are nice, not to far from train stn and freeway.

My children go to Carine P.School, which is highly rated, so we was told I am happy with it, and they seem happy too
Sandra
Old May 13th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
We live in Duncraig, which is a nice area, we can walk to 2 pubs most of the surrounding areas are nice, not to far from train stn and freeway.

My children go to Carine P.School, which is highly rated, so we was told I am happy with it, and they seem happy too
Sandra
I can't imagine the pubs being worth visiting though, even if they are within walking distance...! Forget about Pubs here, sadly.
Old May 13th 2011, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt it more a saught after thing to be within walking distance of a beach rather than a pub???? Never seen a house advertised here with within waliking of a pub as a selling point....

Shakes her head and walks away muttering things about budgets, hopes, dreams, expectations, employment...
Old May 14th 2011, 12:19 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Hi all

I know it is all a question of personal taste and, we need to do our own research. Which I will. Would really appreciate some pointers as to opinions on suburbs to live in Perth.

Ideally we would like to be within half hour commute to the city as we both need to find work. Hubbie is a carpenter. Not sure if carpentry is more sought after in particular areas??

We also have two kids 4 and 5, so would like somewhere with a good primary school.

Any tips or advice or good places to find info for my research would be greatly appreciated!

We are booked into a holiday home in Duncraig for 6 weeks, so need to crack on finding a long term rental as soon as we land!

Thanks all
My advice, do serious research around house prices and school.

Research the house prices..... We sold our house in the UK and found it hard to find a house that didn't need to be demolished in our price range.

The closer to the beach... generally the higher the prices.
The closer to good PUBLIC schools...... (Churchlands, Rossmoyne, Shenton, Duncraig) the higher the house prices (School Catchment Zones) You have to be in the correct catchment area for the school. As the other poster said, Carine is a great area and the primary and High school have good results, but you'll need to be in the area to get in, unless your child is "gifted and talented" and get in on their abilities.

www.reiwa.com.au
www.realestate.com.au

http://www.myschool.edu.au/ - Check schools

There is lots of building, the northern suburbs has a lot of building areas, check Burns Beach, Butler, Alkimoss, Yanchep for major building areas with years of growth planned. (search new houses in the web sites above)

You'll probably rent when you arrive..... rent within and school catchment zone to get your kids into the school then perhaps buy in another area and commute..... all depends on your financial position.
Good luck!
Old May 14th 2011, 12:20 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

I agree a lot of those outer suburb pubs are shite. TBH much of the pubs in PErth are shite. It is getting better though saw a pub in the city last night would really like to visit.
Old May 14th 2011, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Steve Portelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Hi all

Thanks all
Duncraig is a good area, though I would look to suburbs say 20 to 25 kilometres from the GP of Perth; you get newer homes and nicer parks and gardens. check out Atwell, Aubin Grove, Success, Piara waters canningvale all nice areas to bring up a family. Count on between $450 anf $600 aussie dollars for a nice home and around $450 to $550 a week for rent. Sing out with any queries. cheers, Steve

Last edited by Pollyana; May 14th 2011 at 9:12 am. Reason: link removed, if its your own site please put it in your signature
Old May 14th 2011, 2:54 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

If you spend penuts...you'll get garbage. If your not prepared to spend a large amount of your salary on your house the schools will be shite and you'll be an hour out from the city.
Old May 14th 2011, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Portelli
Duncraig is a good area, though I would look to suburbs say 20 to 25 kilometres from the GP of Perth; you get newer homes and nicer parks and gardens. check out Atwell, Aubin Grove, Success, Piara waters canningvale all nice areas to bring up a family. Count on between $450 anf $600 aussie dollars for a nice home and around $450 to $550 a week for rent. Sing out with any queries. cheers, Steve
Are these suburbs within 30 mins commute of the city? Same goes for the far northern ones. If you don't have to work in the city, you can avoid crowded trains and roads. Your OH should be able to find work wherever there's new homes going up, or lots of renovations in the older suburbs that are closer in.
Old May 15th 2011, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Steve Portelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Are these suburbs within 30 mins commute of the city? Same goes for the far northern ones. If you don't have to work in the city, you can avoid crowded trains and roads. Your OH should be able to find work wherever there's new homes going up, or lots of renovations in the older suburbs that are closer in.
All within 16 minutes by road out of peak out traffic, in peak hour, count on 40minutes plus. Train takes 16 minutes in peak hour from Cockburn Central to Perth for example. Buses are quicker than the cars as they have dedicated lanes from south of the river on the Freeway. Good point about working in or around your own suburb. Also trades generally miss the traffic as they start early and finish early. [7am to 3pm]
Old May 15th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Portelli
All within 16 minutes by road out of peak out traffic, in peak hour, count on 40minutes plus. Train takes 16 minutes in peak hour from Cockburn Central to Perth for example. Buses are quicker than the cars as they have dedicated lanes from south of the river on the Freeway. Good point about working in or around your own suburb. Also trades generally miss the traffic as they start early and finish early. [7am to 3pm]
Aubin Grove is 23 km from the CBD - can you really get there in 16 minutes - legally - counting the time to get from the sub-division onto the freeway? The train might take less than 20 minutes to Perth, but what about the bus connections? There are others issues with suburbs in this area, such as being close to Jandakot Airport and Armadale.

Most importantly for a BE member - what about broadband?
Old May 15th 2011, 2:32 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

There are others issues with suburbs in this area, such as being close to Jandakot Airport and Armadale.
And north east (downwind) of Cockburn cement!
Old May 15th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

HANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really nice

Cant believe nobody has mentioned Secret Harbour. Its a stunning place with excellent schools....
Old May 16th 2011, 12:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Aubin Grove is 23 km from the CBD - can you really get there in 16 minutes - legally - counting the time to get from the sub-division onto the freeway? The train might take less than 20 minutes to Perth, but what about the bus connections? There are others issues with suburbs in this area, such as being close to Jandakot Airport and Armadale.

Most importantly for a BE member - what about broadband?
I would agree. We are 24km from CBD and it takes me off peak between 20 and 25 mins to drive from my house to outside the Woodside building on the Terrace, peak time - how long is a piece of string?? It takes my husband 50-60 minutes door to door by train with bus connections to get to work/home from work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.