Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Suberbs : The Vines & Schools

Perth Suberbs : The Vines & Schools

Old Dec 31st 2012, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Bunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really nice
Default Perth Suberbs : The Vines & Schools

Our family are moving to Perth from Brisbane in the early in 2013 due to a change of job. We specifically want at least 1/2 acre, possibly more and from earlier feedback are considering The Vines. Does anyone on here live in that area that can offer advise on facilities, driving to and from the airport (my wife will work there) and school's? We already know that because is further inland it will be hotter there in the summer and cooler in the winter and we are okay with that because it's similar to where we are in Brisbane. My wife is researching schools and Swan Valley Anglican has good Naplan results - does anyone on here have children that go to that school? Any advice appreciated - Thanks
Old Jan 1st 2013, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Bunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really nice
Default Re: Perth Suberbs : The Vines & Schools

Bump!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I PM'd someone a couple of weeks ago on the school SVACS, possibly it was your partner?
I lived in The Vines from 2004 until we moved back to the UK last year. We were on the main street (Vines Avenue) on a 1.25 acre block. Most of the blocks now being sold are 500 - 600m2, there seems to be the odd acre block coming up for sale every now and then, but prices are silly.
I liked living there, as long as you accept that you do need to drive everywhere it's fine. It was a quiet suburb, never had much noise or trouble.
Ellenbrook shopping developed in the last couple of years we were there, to where you didn't need to drive to Joondalup or Midland.
It's was great having the Swan Valley on the doorstep.
I worked in the City, and to have a reasonable drive in and out I would travel to work at 0545 and leave the office around 1600, this gave me a 30 minute drive in and a 45 - 60 minute drive home. I found it easiest to drive through Guilford and catch the Gt Eastern Highway in to town. You could research trains from Midland or Guilford, but you still need to drive to the station.
If the Gt Eastern Highway upgrade goes ahead, that may present it's own problems.
Cheers
LL
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:02 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bunna_Wabbit
Our family are moving to Perth from Brisbane in the early in 2013 due to a change of job. We specifically want at least 1/2 acre, possibly more and from earlier feedback are considering The Vines. Does anyone on here live in that area that can offer advise on facilities, driving to and from the airport (my wife will work there) and school's? We already know that because is further inland it will be hotter there in the summer and cooler in the winter and we are okay with that because it's similar to where we are in Brisbane. My wife is researching schools and Swan Valley Anglican has good Naplan results - does anyone on here have children that go to that school? Any advice appreciated - Thanks
I have friends who have recently moved to Ellenbrook (Next to The Vines) and one works at the airport and the other is a FIFO workers, so needs regular access to the airport. Both have said the journey is very easy and much better than commuting from the coast in the Northern Suburbs.
They have kids at Guildford Grammer School, once again travel is easy.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Hi LL, yes that was me that PM'd you - Bunna's partner. Great information - thank you so much.
H2oskineil - that's interesting about your friends as they sound as though they are in the very situation that we will be in - my partner FIFO and me an airport worker - I will just have to wait for a transfer from BNE with the airline I work for - not sure how long that will take.

Great info. Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Great info - thanks

- Anyone else near The Vines, Ellenbrook or Swan Valley ?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bump ! - last bump (promise) - We're going on a reccie trip next week to have a look around so any last ideas welcome - Thanks