Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth sounds pants!!!

Perth sounds pants!!!

Old Mar 16th 2004, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

misspink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth sounds pants!!!

Been browsing through threads from previous topics and it appears that Perth takes a right hammering...
Despite this a lot of people seriously consider moving there...........despite the fact that unemployment is a pretty serious issue
Since browsing this forum my idealistic ideas of a life in Perth have turned into nightmares of unemployment, big spiders, hunger, scabby houses and sand storms???????? Glasgow suddenly becomes more appealing hehehehe
Old Mar 16th 2004, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Think I am going to take some time out of the emigration obsession for a while...I have been glued to this forum forn days...at home, in the office, real estate sites as well as every other site with info on Australia...I am shattered! :scared:
Old Mar 16th 2004, 5:48 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Perth sounds pants!!!

Originally posted by misspink
Been browsing through threads from previous topics and it appears that Perth takes a right hammering...
Despite this a lot of people seriously consider moving there...........despite the fact that unemployment is a pretty serious issue
Since browsing this forum my idealistic ideas of a life in Perth have turned into nightmares of unemployment, big spiders, hunger, scabby houses and sand storms???????? Glasgow suddenly becomes more appealing hehehehe
Its not everyones Utopia Misspink, We moved from Scotland to Melbourne & unfortunetly get Big Spiders here to but if you get over that its not a bad city to live in. I'd choose it anyday over Glesga.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

I'm hearin you Bordy- liked the Glesga thing hehe
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

http://it.mycareer.com.au/jobseeker/...rker&c=17&st=3

Heres a few Social work jobs from this weeks paper just to keep you interested.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

you're a wee gem
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

It all depends on what you really want from life....Perth has loads to offer...really does depend on each individual on what they want in life.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:38 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

We quite liked perth , nice clean city, good public transsport , and places like Hillary's harbour great for shopping, restaurants , beaches, rotnest island etc also a dry heat , rather than humid , but i think after a few years would get to us , it is very isolated, closer to asia than sydney.

all the best plum
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I've said this lots of times before...

The only people who move to Perth are British migrants for some reason. You don't get thousands of Australians moving to Perth and they're just as keen on cheap housing and fantastic lifestyles as the average migrant. You'd think a place so supposedly wonderful would be full of recently-arrived Eastern-staters wanting to buy a nice house near the beach for half the price of what they pay at home, wouldn't you?

Well it's not. Why not? Because Australians know that jobs are thin on the ground, the pay is lower, it's surrounded by desert and thousands of miles from anywhere else...
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perth is not a bad place to live, you just need to be aware of its limitations, the other states appear to offer a lot more in the way of jobs.

Its not only English that migrate here, lots of different nationalities are here, although people from Eastern states say its harder to get accepted here.!!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

As a few people have said - it's all about personal preferences and what you want from life, Perth may suit you, it may not, but why not see for yourself before righting it off?

I can't comment on Glasgow but without even going I know where I'd choose!!

Hope you find your utopia.

Shar

Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Since browsing this forum my idealistic ideas of a life in Perth have turned into nightmares of unemployment, big spiders, hunger, scabby houses and sand storms???????? Glasgow suddenly becomes more appealing hehehehe [/QUOTE]

have you ever been there.....must say your comment about scabby housing is a bit below the belt..........my uncles house in Currambine is 5 x 2 with a large pool, a massive first floor parents retreat overlooking the Indian ocean......with a drive that parks 6 cars...............

Perth or Glasgow........let me think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MissPink
You seem to have gone from one extreme to the other....from Perth being "idealistic" to "nightmare". You'll probably find that it sits somewhere in the middle. The experience is different for everyone - not everyone has a job, just as not everyone is unemployed, not everyone lives in a shack, just as not everyone lives in a mansion, etc etc etc. There is a lifestyle in between.... Where you sit on the overall scale depends on you, your requirements, your resources, etc etc.

SO what attracts you to Perth?
Good luck anyway
HP
Old Mar 17th 2004, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Muddywaters is an unknown quantity at this point

perth is not pants no indeed it is more like grotty boxershorts than pants and as for glasgow well ....the 1st sight that greets you when entering on the train is the lovely views of high rise flats as far as the eye can see ( i lost count at 40) ....so and i shall return to my earlier comment and shall say that perth is pants then glasgow is the under wear that has not been changed for over a month
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

I was merely expressing views from previous threads...let's not all fall out.....
I totally agree; when it comes to pants Glasgow ranks with the smelliest of them all........... but it sure is a good laugh!!!!!!!!! anyway ...... not slagging of anybody's uncle's, grans, sister...............houses......just wanting some views.
Chill x

Last edited by misspink; Mar 17th 2004 at 7:40 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.