Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth schools - league tables

Perth schools - league tables

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:07 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Perth schools - league tables

Do schools in Perth publish results like the league tables in the UK? If so, can anyone provide me with a link?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:01 am
Just Joined

debbies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth schools - league tables

Hi

The simple answer is - no, there are no league tables and there is a lot of resistance to there ever being one. The local newspaper does produce a list at the end of each year of those schools that have been successful in the year's TEE results (that is the Year 12 tertiary entrance exams) - so only for secondary schools anyway, and very limited in what it shows you. The same schools tend to perform well anyway - Churchlands, Shenton College, and Rossmoyne in the state school sector, and the usual fee-paying schools such as Hale, Scotch, Guildford Grammar, Christchurch, St Marys, PLC, MLC, Penrhos etc.

For primary schools there is nothing published, but - generally - in the same way as in the UK, the 'nice' areas have 'better' schools.

If you want any more details let me know.

Debbie