British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth Royal Show... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-royal-show-562244/)

bridie Sep 18th 2008 8:14 am

Perth Royal Show...

...coming up

Worth a look with a small child?

Also, can you take dogs?

hitchcock71 Sep 18th 2008 8:34 am

Re: Perth Royal Show...

i was thinking of taking my 2 - they are 5 and 3 looks good

will they enjoy it ? if they don;t enjoy then i wont :thumbdown: and i will end up having the day out from hell

Dorothy Sep 18th 2008 10:21 am

I'll be going with patients from my work. Was going to take my daughter, but she doesn't want to be seen with her mother. Not sure you can take dogs, though.

jo&neil Sep 18th 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 6795477)
...coming up

Worth a look with a small child?

Also, can you take dogs?

We were at the Perth show last year & it was manic! Great for kids...not worth taking dogs though, very loud near the rides & busy...dont think they would enjoy it somehow.

A good day out.....remember to buy your show bag early, as they do sell out quite quick!

hitchcock71 Sep 18th 2008 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by jo&neil (Post 6795856)
We were at the Perth show last year & it was manic! Great for kids...not worth taking dogs though, very loud near the rides & busy...dont think they would enjoy it somehow.

A good day out.....remember to buy your show bag early, as they do sell out quite quick!

whats in a show bag?

Loch Lomond Sep 18th 2008 12:08 pm

The Perth Royal show...mair like the Perth Royal rip aff. I cannae believe people still go. Show bags...whit's that all aboot, ah've never seen a bigger rip aff. Actually aye uh huv, when people find some mug who is actually going and give them money to "get ma kids a show bag" cheers!!
This was written with a Rab C Nesbitt voice going on in my head:rofl:

Cheetah7 Sep 18th 2008 12:14 pm

I will be going, and looking forward to it as well.:)

Bibbs Sep 18th 2008 12:41 pm

I remember going years ago (mid/late 80's).

A school that week there were hundreds of MAD magazine bags, so fake vomit and dog poo everywhere.

Oh that seriously takes me back.:rofl:

northernbird Sep 18th 2008 1:13 pm

You have to go once but once is enough. Go early if you can and try and look at the weather because if it is hot it is awful. I went last year and won't go again. Cost a stack and thought it was pretty crap.

sj oldfield Sep 18th 2008 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 6796072)
whats in a show bag?

A Load of crap!!!!

perthexpat Sep 18th 2008 1:43 pm

Some of the replies regarding showbags on here make me laugh....yet again Poms who are bringing their thoughts to a different country.

When you were younger did you ever buy a lucky bag?? I am guessing yes!

A lot of rural kids save up their pocket money to afford their favourite showbag....what's the harm? Why knock them?

Yes, the Perth Royal Show may now be expensive but hey...you got a choice! I think people should see it at least once and make their own mind up...a bit like the Easter Show in Sydney.

Loch Lomond Sep 18th 2008 1:48 pm

Lucky bags cost 2p when I bought them. Show bags $5 to $40..reckon a kid can afford them? Rip off big time.

Anybody who wants to go, do it. Fill your boots. Lets see if you want to do it next year.

perthexpat Sep 18th 2008 1:49 pm

That's inflation for ya Loch Lomond!

Loch Lomond Sep 18th 2008 1:54 pm

Tell me about it...I used to buy a Tip Top for a penny. They call them Ice Poles now and charge 60cents. Bah humbug.:D

jo&neil Sep 18th 2008 1:55 pm

I want to go again....not for me personally but the kids love it! So what it only happens once a year!!