Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Royal Show...

Perth Royal Show...

Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Question Perth Royal Show...

...coming up

Worth a look with a small child?

Also, can you take dogs?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Royal Show...

i was thinking of taking my 2 - they are 5 and 3 looks good

will they enjoy it ? if they don;t enjoy then i wont and i will end up having the day out from hell
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be going with patients from my work. Was going to take my daughter, but she doesn't want to be seen with her mother. Not sure you can take dogs, though.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice
Smile Re: Perth Royal Show...

Originally Posted by bridie
...coming up

Worth a look with a small child?

Also, can you take dogs?

We were at the Perth show last year & it was manic! Great for kids...not worth taking dogs though, very loud near the rides & busy...dont think they would enjoy it somehow.

A good day out.....remember to buy your show bag early, as they do sell out quite quick!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo&neil
We were at the Perth show last year & it was manic! Great for kids...not worth taking dogs though, very loud near the rides & busy...dont think they would enjoy it somehow.

A good day out.....remember to buy your show bag early, as they do sell out quite quick!
whats in a show bag?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

The Perth Royal show...mair like the Perth Royal rip aff. I cannae believe people still go. Show bags...whit's that all aboot, ah've never seen a bigger rip aff. Actually aye uh huv, when people find some mug who is actually going and give them money to "get ma kids a show bag" cheers!!
This was written with a Rab C Nesbitt voice going on in my head
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:14 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I will be going, and looking forward to it as well.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

I remember going years ago (mid/late 80's).

A school that week there were hundreds of MAD magazine bags, so fake vomit and dog poo everywhere.

Oh that seriously takes me back.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

You have to go once but once is enough. Go early if you can and try and look at the weather because if it is hot it is awful. I went last year and won't go again. Cost a stack and thought it was pretty crap.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
whats in a show bag?
A Load of crap!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

perthexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of the replies regarding showbags on here make me laugh....yet again Poms who are bringing their thoughts to a different country.

When you were younger did you ever buy a lucky bag?? I am guessing yes!

A lot of rural kids save up their pocket money to afford their favourite showbag....what's the harm? Why knock them?

Yes, the Perth Royal Show may now be expensive but hey...you got a choice! I think people should see it at least once and make their own mind up...a bit like the Easter Show in Sydney.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Lucky bags cost 2p when I bought them. Show bags $5 to $40..reckon a kid can afford them? Rip off big time.

Anybody who wants to go, do it. Fill your boots. Lets see if you want to do it next year.

Last edited by Loch Lomond; Sep 18th 2008 at 1:51 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

perthexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

That's inflation for ya Loch Lomond!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tell me about it...I used to buy a Tip Top for a penny. They call them Ice Poles now and charge 60cents. Bah humbug.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice
Smile Re: Perth Royal Show...

I want to go again....not for me personally but the kids love it! So what it only happens once a year!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.