Perth Railways

Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice
Default Perth Railways

Hiya

Does anyone travel into Fremantle on the train and from where do you travel and how long does it take?

We are having trouble finding lettings close to Fremantle in our price range but if the train is fairly fast and cheap then we could live further away and I wouldnt have a long drive pre and post work.

We would appreciate any help

Jackie and Steve
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Railways

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
Hiya

Does anyone travel into Fremantle on the train and from where do you travel and how long does it take?

We are having trouble finding lettings close to Fremantle in our price range but if the train is fairly fast and cheap then we could live further away and I wouldnt have a long drive pre and post work.

Jackie and Steve
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/

The trains are cheap but not so frequent on that line (but 15 minutes probably sounds okay by UK standards).

All the suburbs on that line are posh though so if money is tight you may struggle.

Trains do generally join up and with buses too so if you don't mind switching you won't do so bad.

A bus from somehere south like Leeming may be a better option? About 30 minutes for that sort of trip.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Jackie and Steve
I used to work in High Street at Fremantle when we lived in Wanneroo. Not much cop at all if I had to drive to work........... but........ it was roughly a 15 minute drive to Edgewater train station......... a 20 minute train ride into Perth .......... maybe a 5 minute wait on the platform............ then a 15 to 20 minute train ride into Freo.

Bit of a lengthy process but no hassle with parking lots, one-way streets etc......... and the train fares were unbelievably cheap.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:28 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Jackie and Steve
As previously mentioned most of the suburbs on the Freo line are good suburbs and therefore quite desirable so rents a re naturally higher (although still very cheap compared to the property purchase price)
You could consider looking out around Maylands, Mt Lawley etc as this train line (Midland) runs into Perth and generally continues on out to Freo. In rush hour they are skip stop patterns, so will miss out a number of stations on speeding up the journey.
Alternatively there is a circle bus route (I think it might be 98 and 99) that basically runs in a huge wide loop circling perth this cuts through suburbs up around Inaloo etc and carries on down to Freo(with the option of swapping to the train at Shenton Park) rents are cheaper up that way
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:48 am
Just Joined

morley_sarah is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Bentley and often take that route.

Cheaper area but still really nice. Costs about $4 to get to Freo