Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Quarantine

Perth Quarantine

Old Sep 10th 2006, 6:04 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Perth Quarantine

The earliest date pets can be booked in is mid December

Can you fly a pet to a different quarantine station with a shorter waiting time, then arrange and pay to have them flown internally to Perth?
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:56 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Quarantine

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Can you fly a pet to a different quarantine station with a shorter waiting time, then arrange and pay to have them flown internally to Perth?
Yes, you can do that.

Gina
Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:58 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Yes, you can do that.

Gina
Thanks Gina.

I don't suppose you know the cost/implications of doing this?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Gina.

I don't suppose you know the cost/implications of doing this?
We are going in November but cant get our girl into Perth until 12th December. We looked at other options but Sydney was the only quarantine available. The pet carriers said that there would be a problem flying her from Sydney to Perth when she was released due to her being a large dog.
Also when we looked at the quarantine on line, Sydney's kennels are smaller then Perth and it would also mean that we would not be able to visit her.
We are leaving her with family and then she will follow us out. Perth allows you to visit every day and take her out for exercise, something she would miss out on in Sydney, so we felt this was the best option.

Its a nightmare this dog moving lark :scared:
Tracie
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:41 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We are going in November but cant get our girl into Perth until 12th December. We looked at other options but Sydney was the only quarantine available. The pet carriers said that there would be a problem flying her from Sydney to Perth when she was released due to her being a large dog.
Also when we looked at the quarantine on line, Sydney's kennels are smaller then Perth and it would also mean that we would not be able to visit her.
We are leaving her with family and then she will follow us out. Perth allows you to visit every day and take her out for exercise, something she would miss out on in Sydney, so we felt this was the best option.

Tracie
www.dogtainers.com.au do internal aussie flights and they will pick them up from the quarantine center aswell and sort out the paperwork for you. Pete
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Like others have said yes it can be done but personally if it was me and i had someone who could look after it for few weeks then send it out afterwards then i would do that...1 flight is probably stressful enough without having another one! And again like someone else said being able to visit everyday or whenever possible to take it out for excersise has got to be loads better than cooped up in pen for 30days.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:19 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

The earliest date pets can be booked in is mid December

I'm having the same problem with Sydney Quarantine. I emailed them last week asking them to confirm three places for my cats for the earliest available dates from mid-Octobr onwards......got an email back last night, saying they've put them on a waiting list and will be in touch as soon as spaces become available! Quite why they can't just give us a bloody date I don't know!

Very stressed at the moment!

Nicky
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:39 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

It's not unusual for the Byford Quarantine Station in Perth to be fully booked, ordinarily you should look to book at least 3 minths in advance, over summer it's best to make it longer. You can have them put to other cities but remembet that not all cities have quarantine stations, really Aus doesn't have enough quarantine for the number of animals migrating here, but thats not aomething thats likely to change. I think the cost of shipping from east coast to west is quite steep and obviously depends what you are shipping. Most people i have encountered who have this problem end up boarding their pets in the uk and they arrive later. This also means you have a few more weeks without the pet to get things organised at this end.

As far as visiting goes, unless things have changed Byford don;t have daily visiting times and you can't exercise the animal without pre booking a run, like i say this could have changed, also remember that your first few weeks are going to be very hectic and if you do intend to visit Byford on a regular basis you will want to be staying somewhere close by, if you are in the northern suburbs it could be a 1hr drive each way to get there and in your first couple of weeks trying to find the time for this can be very hard.

Lynn
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:02 pm
lichfield jock

frewy will become famous soon enoughfrewy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by breezeboylan

Tracie
Hi
I am currently looking into shipping my dog out to Perth. We do not yet have an address in Perth. Can you advise how you sorted papers and who you felt was the best as with regards to the best interests of the dog. Mine is a giant breed so like you we have decided to leave him friends until the New Year.
Any help would be appreciated

Sue
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by frewy
Hi
I am currently looking into shipping my dog out to Perth. We do not yet have an address in Perth. Can you advise how you sorted papers and who you felt was the best as with regards to the best interests of the dog. Mine is a giant breed so like you we have decided to leave him friends until the New Year.
Any help would be appreciated

Sue
Hi Sue, I have given the address of my short term rental for now. I won't be there by the time she gets out but I just intend on giving them the new address when I have one. I'm using Golden Arrow as they have got such good reports on here. So far I have found them really good they have instructed me on each step I need to do and sorted out all her licences etc.
Tracie
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to be rude, but could you tell mw how much it is costing to ship your dog out and quarantine it?

Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:32 am
Oz here we are!!!

JoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really niceJoandStuV is just really nice

Our two cats are currently in Byford and the visiting times are from 1.30pm to 3.30pm Monday to Friday, they say you don't have to book but they prefer it if you let them know you are coming. Not sure about booking dog runs though, sorry!

The staff there are v lovely and extermely helpful, our shippers told us that the guys in Sydney are not quite as nice and helpful but we haven't had any dealings with them so that's just second hand info.