Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth public transport?

Perth public transport?

Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice
Default Perth public transport?

Hi,
Was reading up on the public transport in Perth. Firstly, does anyone know if it is common for schools to have their own buses, or is that not so common. If not , the kids may have to take the bus, I have read they will have to get a student smartrider,it seems simple enough, just have no idea to work out how much it will cost for the both of them each day..
One last thing, I may have to look into finding someone to take the children to school, and pick them up,maybe on the bus. Which travel card would be best, many restrict the hours you can travel (ie not until after 9 am)
Thank you !!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth public transport?

Originally Posted by bibblybobbly
Hi,
Was reading up on the public transport in Perth. Firstly, does anyone know if it is common for schools to have their own buses, or is that not so common. If not , the kids may have to take the bus, I have read they will have to get a student smartrider,it seems simple enough, just have no idea to work out how much it will cost for the both of them each day..
One last thing, I may have to look into finding someone to take the children to school, and pick them up,maybe on the bus. Which travel card would be best, many restrict the hours you can travel (ie not until after 9 am)
Thank you !!
Some high schools (certainly not Primary as far as I know) will have a public bus route that runs more often past the school at peak times. That is certainly how it works at my daughters school. The student smartrider works out at 50c a journey I believe, I have my daughters auto load with money by direct debit when it drops below a certain amount so she never runs out.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
Some high schools (certainly not Primary as far as I know) will have a public bus route that runs more often past the school at peak times. That is certainly how it works at my daughters school. The student smartrider works out at 50c a journey I believe, I have my daughters auto load with money by direct debit when it drops below a certain amount so she never runs out.
Thank you for that. Getting the card topped up by direct debit is a great idea. Im a bit forgetful sometimes, so one less thing to think about is good. I had heard about the 50c journey but it wasnt clear weather having the smartrider card meant that the journey was 50c, or if I needed a different card. Sorry , that hasnt come over very clear, but it came under a seperate heading on their website
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I didn't know that you could do auto load.Will do that from now on.Saves alot of hassle.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:19 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I didn't know that you could do auto load.Will do that from now on.Saves alot of hassle.
Go to the Transperth website and register the smartrider, you will need the number on the back. Once you have done that you can do autoload.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I just have an automatic debit to mine and the kids' cards from my bank account every 2 weeks. $100 for me and $10 each for the kids.