Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth - OMG what is it with personalised numberplates?!

Perth - OMG what is it with personalised numberplates?!

Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth - OMG what is it with personalised numberplates?!

I have seen so many of these that blatantly identify their owners as British that it's no wonder some people get an odd reception once here. I would hate to mention what I've seen but is this not regulated?

How do people get these things?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:44 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Perth - OMG what is it with personalised numberplates?!

I think you can have anything you like, within reason.

I've seen a car round our way with 1DEBONAIR as the plate. OMG!! Bet he's a hit with the ladies!!

Give some examples of the British ones - as I haven't seen any.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 3:48 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Perth - OMG what is it with personalised numberplates?!

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I have seen so many of these that blatantly identify their owners as British that it's no wonder some people get an odd reception once here. I would hate to mention what I've seen but is this not regulated?

How do people get these things?
It is regulated, but as with so many things there are certain loopholes which people have a tendecy to exploit.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

There's every possible combination of MUFC, MANUFC, MANUTD, MANUTDFC and indeed most English soccer club's initials - especially northern clubs

My favourite "Lambswool" - WTF!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:10 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
There's every possible combination of MUFC, MANUFC, MANUTD, MANUTDFC and indeed most English soccer club's initials - especially northern clubs

My favourite "Lambswool" - WTF!

There are some great ones, there is a huge 4x4 with 1BIGTOY as a plate, I've seen the odd English one but I think they are great, have you not seen the red limo with the reg UNIQUE yet?

Jenny
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:14 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Jenny! I've seen that 1BIGTOY one before as well. Never seen the red limo tho.
There are some real hum-dingers out there though specifics fail to come to mind just now.

Siren
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:56 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

There is one that lives near my kids school "UK GIRL" and as Renth said always a host of uk soccer clubs, all pretty cringe worthy.

There are some crackers though, but as usual i've smiled at them as they have passed me and promptly forgotten

I did see a fab sticker on the back of a ute laste week, it was a map od australian and inside it said "if you don't love it... LEAVE" does anyone know where i can get one

Lynn
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
LOL Jenny! I've seen that 1BIGTOY one before as well. Never seen the red limo tho.
There are some real hum-dingers out there though specifics fail to come to mind just now.

Siren
One I think is quite funny is the guy with the 4x4 - his numberplate is "Canyonero" - Simpsons fans will get it!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by movetoperth
I did see a fab sticker on the back of a ute laste week, it was a map od australian and inside it said "if you don't love it... LEAVE" does anyone know where i can get one
Ahh, stickers on utes.

The best one I've seen is for the Batchelor and Spinsters ball it goes "I was crutched and inseminated at the B&S ball" !!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

While not in WA, my father has a personalized licence plate that says 1 BUN. (My mum's knickname is Bunny) It used to have a little red heart sticker between the 1 and the BUN, but it wore off. Now he tells people that it makes reference to an old war wound...Has half his ass shot off so now he only has 1bun. Again, WTF?
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We dont get man united ones here, we get how many ways can you state the obvious, usually to emphasise the car is a BMW, LEXUS, AUDI, SAAB, so just in case anyone didnt notice you put that on the number plate too

Worse are the people who dont want to pay for an all letter combo, so try to make up words with the cheaper numbers like 70CER, or 800gger, you sit at the traffic lights wondering what the heck they are supposed to say
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:51 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by webgum
I think you can have anything you like, within reason.

I've seen a car round our way with 1DEBONAIR as the plate. OMG!! Bet he's a hit with the ladies!!

Give some examples of the British ones - as I haven't seen any.
I think all the British ones are living around Rockingham!! There are so many, it's quite entertaining - they could have a competition for the most amusing. The best I've seen round here is WINJINPOM.

I'd love a personalised plate. I was thinking of using BELLADONNA (my homoeopath has the plate ARNICA), but it's too many digits. Limit is nine. Got to get a car first though....
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I almost got BADGE....
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:01 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

In New Zealand everyone and his dog has a personalised plate, some are really funny and some are weird - only the owner knows what they mean.
Saw a black 4 x4 with BIGBOY on it, need to live up to that one eh!!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:45 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

There's one up our way with a numberplate that says "Hugatree" - what is that about?

A see a burgandy Camry with "MyRed" or something like that on it, talk about state the obvious.

In the states I had a friend that had the numberplate "Bolloxx" - luckily the yanks didn't realise quite what it meant!!

Don't the plates stay with the car when its sold???

MC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.