British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth ?? money , work??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-money-work-287428/)

beachbum Mar 2nd 2005 6:57 am

Perth ?? money , work???

thinking of going to perth to check it out , am in bondi , nsw at the moment
and loving it , am here with missus and kids , they have settled in school and love it and are getting on with their surfing skating etc , were are going back to Reading , (uk) in 5 weeks , we just got sponsored by a lad here for a 457 and they gave us a year, which turned out to be a total waste of time , effort and money as my other half is homesick and cant wait to get home , the question i would like answered is ,,,,,,,,, Whats the go for work in perth , liveliest areas , and is it better to buy or rent ????
thanks for your comments
PS ;; I am a formwork carpenter , thats really a wood butcher , doing lift shafts , columns, walls , stairs and all the stuff that holds concrete in place as opposed to a proffessional who does kitchens,doors and all the good stuff

Siren & Brian Mar 2nd 2005 7:03 am

Re: Perth ?? money , work???

Originally Posted by beachbum
and loving it , am here with missus and kids , they have settled in school and love it and are getting on with their surfing skating etc , were are going back to Reading , (uk) in 5 weeks , we just got sponsored by a lad here for a 457 and they gave us a year, which turned out to be a total waste of time , effort and money as my other half is homesick and cant wait to get home , the question i would like answered is ,,,,,,,,, Whats the go for work in perth , liveliest areas , and is it better to buy or rent ????
thanks for your comments
PS ;; I am a formwork carpenter , thats really a wood butcher , doing lift shafts , columns, walls , stairs and all the stuff that holds concrete in place as opposed to a proffessional who does kitchens,doors and all the good stuff

Heaps of work, I struggle to get tradesman sometimes.

Buying would be better than renting and you will find it alot cheaper than over there in Sydney.

beachbum Mar 2nd 2005 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Siren
Heaps of work, I struggle to get tradesman sometimes.

Buying would be better than renting and you will find it alot cheaper than over there in Sydney.

thanks alot for replying , just answered a few doubts about perth , dont know as i never been yet , only what i hear

GinaUK Mar 2nd 2005 9:37 am

Originally Posted by beachbum
and loving it , am here with missus and kids , they have settled in school and love it and are getting on with their surfing skating etc , were are going back to Reading , (uk) in 5 weeks ,

Sorry to hear you have to return to Reading (UK). That's where we are living, and we can't wait to get out to Perth!

Gina

sj oldfield Mar 2nd 2005 11:00 am

There does appear to be no shortage of work for 'trades' here in Perth.
My husband is a painter and decorator and he is flat out.
Hope it works out for you

gajjitt Mar 2nd 2005 11:36 am

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Sorry to hear you have to return to Reading (UK). That's where we are living, and we can't wait to get out to Perth!

Gina

Us either, can't wait to get out to Perth. Once we sell this flaming flat. :mad:

Paul