Perth Men

Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Default Perth Men

HI All

I am (as most of you know) awaiting final confirmed job offer in perth, which should be over the next couple of days as the references happened today.

I have a concern or rather question.

Normally what I can tell from this is women are travelling out with husbands who have had jobs (sorry if I got it wrong) and mostly understandably the husband is out at work and kids at school and the wife is looking for work or working part time.

My worry is that I (the women) am the one with the job and moving out knowing australia. My OH has never been and doesn't know anyone. Has anyone else had the situation, he I know would like to make friends with people when he arrives but probably won't know where to start.

Just wanted to know whether there are many men in Perth in the same boat who he can contact when he arrives or can go for a beer with or have a barbie.

Just know he is going to feel lost and its a little different for him following me.

By the way all there is nothing derrogatory to men or women in this question it was just the simplest way of explaining how I know he will feel, a bit odd I think relying on me and not knowing anyone to start with.

Any tips or suggestions to make him more comfortable.

PS he is a police oficer here taking a career break.

Cheers, any help appreciated

Jossy
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Perth Men

Originally Posted by jossy
HI All

I am (as most of you know) awaiting final confirmed job offer in perth, which should be over the next couple of days as the references happened today.

I have a concern or rather question.

Normally what I can tell from this is women are travelling out with husbands who have had jobs (sorry if I got it wrong) and mostly understandably the husband is out at work and kids at school and the wife is looking for work or working part time.

My worry is that I (the women) am the one with the job and moving out knowing australia. My OH has never been and doesn't know anyone. Has anyone else had the situation, he I know would like to make friends with people when he arrives but probably won't know where to start.

Just wanted to know whether there are many men in Perth in the same boat who he can contact when he arrives or can go for a beer with or have a barbie.

Just know he is going to feel lost and its a little different for him following me.

By the way all there is nothing derrogatory to men or women in this question it was just the simplest way of explaining how I know he will feel, a bit odd I think relying on me and not knowing anyone to start with.

Any tips or suggestions to make him more comfortable.

PS he is a police oficer here taking a career break.

Cheers, any help appreciated

Jossy
Hi Jossy

My and OH going to Perth for end of November this year, although OH is main applicant (plumber) he will be needing some time to get his trade licence and may indeed take some time off and go to college. I have been offered a position when I land so I will no doubt be jumping straight into it.

OH is a friendly outgoing guy - likes a drink, not to keen on barbies but then he has only experienced the not quite right british ones - mainly where the people have been more sozzled than the meat so to speak. Pretty sure he would enjoy meeting up for some adventures.

Will look out for any posts asking for guy meets when we land.

Paula
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Default Re: Perth Men

Originally Posted by Downies
Hi Jossy

My and OH going to Perth for end of November this year, although OH is main applicant (plumber) he will be needing some time to get his trade licence and may indeed take some time off and go to college. I have been offered a position when I land so I will no doubt be jumping straight into it.

OH is a friendly outgoing guy - likes a drink, not to keen on barbies but then he has only experienced the not quite right british ones - mainly where the people have been more sozzled than the meat so to speak. Pretty sure he would enjoy meeting up for some adventures.

Will look out for any posts asking for guy meets when we land.

Paula
Hi Paula (my middle name is paula - useless info I know)

Sounds great I used to do alot of aussie barbies when I lived there before so sure I can impress him, sounds great maybe they can catch up for a natter - male style of course

Keep in touch