Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth meet. Kings Park..

Perth meet. Kings Park..

Old Nov 27th 2004, 2:43 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth meet. Kings Park..

Well there seemed to be a pretty good response to the thread I started about a possible Perth meet before Christmas.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266950

General consensus seemed to be that Kings Park would be the best bet.
Everyone seemed to have a good time at the Western Power Parkland the last time, so it seems logical to have it there again.
http://www.westernpowerparkland.com.au/

THe Rockingham meet is on the 19th Dec, so we can't have it then.
I was thinking Sunday 12th Dec?? How does that sound?

If you're interested, send me a PM.
I'll compile a list and put it on this thread...

Cheers.... John & Gillian.....
Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:03 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth meet. Kings Park..

Yep, sounds good!

Count us in!!
Simone and Pascal

I'd suggest around 11am, so that we can get a nice (shady) spot.
Though, might be a bit early for some....
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:04 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're good for the 12th too!

Had a great time at the last meet and looking forward to meeting more of you!

Siren (& family)
Old Nov 27th 2004, 12:33 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi guys,

As Jill had already put in another thread, we would love to come but myself and Mr. Swift are doing our PADI Open Water final diving and practical that day whilst the "other halves" go out to a Charity Fun day and gymnastic comp for Imogen.

Unfortunately, I missed the last one by a week but I know everyone had a great time at Kings Park. Have fun and I hope to meet anyone new at the next one which will probably be the New Year.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Nov 28th 2004, 12:00 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scossie
Well there seemed to be a pretty good response to the thread I started about a possible Perth meet before Christmas.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266950

General consensus seemed to be that Kings Park would be the best bet.
Everyone seemed to have a good time at the Western Power Parkland the last time, so it seems logical to have it there again.
http://www.westernpowerparkland.com.au/

THe Rockingham meet is on the 19th Dec, so we can't have it then.
I was thinking Sunday 12th Dec?? How does that sound?

If you're interested, send me a PM.
I'll compile a list and put it on this thread...

Hi John & Gillian,

We'd love to come but will be busy Sunday the 12th

Have a fab day!!
Sunchaser
PS: We are available Sunday the 5th... if you'd like to do a mini meet?
Old Nov 28th 2004, 11:54 am
PommieLeague

We might be keen to go again. What time will it be, 11.30 again?

Old Nov 28th 2004, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

We're busy 'til 4pm on the 12th. What time do these things carry on 'til?

If it's still going we'd get there towards the end.........

Keep us posted, else we'll just look out for this thread.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 6:50 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Had a few replies from people who can make it on the 12th.
Bumping the thread up a bit, in case some people missed it the first time.

From looking at other threads, there seems to be quite a few people actually arriving in Perth with shiny new visas, round about the start of December.

How about you guys? Dump the suitcases, buy an Esky, fill it with beer, & come and sit in the sun in Kings Park....!!

Cheers.... John & Gillian....
Old Dec 1st 2004, 2:25 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Late Nite Bump!!!

Will update tomorrow.........

Cheers.... John.......
Old Dec 4th 2004, 4:50 am
Scottish Aussie ©

The thread's been running for a week now.

There's been a few people who've said they want to go, and I've had some PM's as well.

So far, we've got:

Ourselves, (obviously)
Simone and Pascal
Siren (& family)
Lathlain
GengaKev (possibly)
Lindseyden
FremantleRaider

Not too bad, but it would be better if there were more.

As I said before, it looks like there are quite a lot of new arrivals to Perth in the next couple of weeks. How about you guys???

Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:14 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scossie
The thread's been running for a week now.

There's been a few people who've said they want to go, and I've had some PM's as well.

So far, we've got:

Ourselves, (obviously)
Simone and Pascal
Siren (& family)
Lathlain
GengaKev (possibly)
Lindseyden
FremantleRaider

Not too bad, but it would be better if there were more.

As I said before, it looks like there are quite a lot of new arrivals to Perth in the next couple of weeks. How about you guys???

Would love to but cant before Xmas, will be heading down in Jan for a weekend of Sales shopping in the big City so if anyone is up for anything (ie shopping shopping shopping and maybe a bit of drinking to celebrate shopping in a decent shop) then let me know.

Kala
Old Dec 4th 2004, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Fozzies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
We've been in Perth a week and have just found this site! Would love to come and join you all in Kings Park next Sunday.
Sara & Matt
Old Dec 5th 2004, 1:47 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Would love to but cant before Xmas, will be heading down in Jan for a weekend of Sales shopping in the big City so if anyone is up for anything (ie shopping shopping shopping and maybe a bit of drinking to celebrate shopping in a decent shop) then let me know.

Kala
What happened last time Kala, we were waiting for you.

Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:11 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Kala, which weekend? (we're going down south first week of Jan, so not there 8 and 9).
Actually, weekend after we will be busy too, cause it's Pascal's parents last weekend, and there's enough to do with them..
Hmm, only the last 2 weekends then. Hope it's one of them...

Last edited by Simone; Dec 5th 2004 at 3:12 am. Reason: terrible spelling
Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

[TAFE have cancelled my course, We'll be there bright and early (depending on Saturday night??!!) might just be early.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.