Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth house prices and rent details

Perth house prices and rent details

Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:50 am
Just Joined

OverRun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth house prices and rent details

The local paper "The West Australian " have just produced a superb map of Perth showing house prices and rental prices. IMHO it is the best such resource that I have ever seen, and I have lived here for the last 13 years. You can find it at the link below :

Old Oct 9th 2012, 1:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth house prices and rent details

No link showing.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 1:50 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting - it would be great to have one for Adelaide.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

It's good, but do they have the data in a table anywhere?

(Both where I rent, and where my house is are on the map, but not listed).
Old Oct 9th 2012, 4:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It ends at Iluka. Besides, those figures look very incorrect to me. I've looked at rentals in Mosman Park and Churchland and the median rate there is nowhere near $900+ p/w.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 6:15 am
Just Joined

OverRun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OverRun
The local paper "The West Australian " have just produced a superb map of Perth showing house prices and rental prices. IMHO it is the best such resource that I have ever seen, and I have lived here for the last 13 years. You can find it at the link below :

http://profemery.info/Perth_Oct_2012.jpg
Hi moneypenny20 -I now see that the map auto-loads and so the link isn't visible or needed; I tried to edit my post, but can't figure out how.

Dorothy -I just checked the current Mosman Park rental offers on realestate.com.au and they are: $1300, 2000, 1400, 695, 1100, 550, 385, 795, 680, 395, and 1200. This is a median of $795 per week which is pretty close to the $900 in the map. I guess it will change from week to week as rentals come and go. It is a pretty big range and there are some very nice (and very expensive) houses at the top end of Mosman Park, so if a couple more of those appear for rent then the median price will go up.

Bibbs - no data table in the article. My suburb is not listed either. The map does give a pretty good feel how the prices vary across Perth.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi moneypenny20 -I now see that the map auto-loads and so the link isn't visible or needed; I tried to edit my post, but can't figure out how.

Dorothy -I just checked the current Mosman Park rental offers on realestate.com.au and they are: $1300, 2000, 1400, 695, 1100, 550, 385, 795, 680, 395, and 1200. This is a median of $795 per week which is pretty close to the $900 in the map. I guess it will change from week to week as rentals come and go. It is a pretty big range and there are some very nice (and very expensive) houses at the top end of Mosman Park, so if a couple more of those appear for rent then the median price will go up.

Bibbs - no data table in the article. My suburb is not listed either. The map does give a pretty good feel how the prices vary across Perth.
No worries, I just assumed there was background data in the link, not that it was just the map.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

No problem

It's the usual thing of beach/train line/established = $$$

And there would be some anomalies for some neighbourhoods that don't have 'rough' areas.