Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth house prices continue to fall

Perth house prices continue to fall

Old Sep 1st 2010, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future
Default Perth house prices continue to fall

Every day another story, but if this continues, it might be true that the bubble is about to burst, or not http://www.news.com.au/perth-house-p...rom=public_rss
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth house prices continue to fall

Originally Posted by Perthine
Every day another story, but if this continues, it might be true that the bubble is about to burst, or not http://www.news.com.au/perth-house-p...rom=public_rss
to be honest no one could give a monkeys. Bloody type writer my son has a party & aLL THE KEYS STICK.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's like my Ipod stuck on replay.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Perthine
Hmm...

HOUSE prices in Perth have continued their fall as the city emerges as one of the nation's worst property performer.

In Perth, the median price of a house dipped 0.8 per cent in July to $485,000 ($488,911 less 0.8% = $485,000) while the median price of a unit fell 1.8 per cent to $415,000.
Despite the falls, the median price of a dwelling Perth is 5.7 per cent higher than it was a year ago.
It's all in the detail

However, what does it really mean ?

If a smaller number of the expensive houses are selling, but a larger number of the lower priced houses are selling, that would bring down the medium price even without actual price drops.

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hmm...

It's all in the detail

However, what does it really mean ?

If a smaller number of the expensive houses are selling, but a larger number of the lower priced houses are selling, that would bring down the medium price even without actual price drops.
Exactly and at this time of year less houses are on the market than in warmer months.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:33 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I want them to TUMBLE!

I'd like, no, I DESERVE a holiday home down south.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:49 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

dropped just over 2%. may drop another 10% then a year or two later boom another 50%. I'm hardly concerned.

Karratha today was also named as 3 times more expensive than New York City.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Noticed a few price reductions in and around Perth. Some properties in our suburb of Lesmurdie have been on the market for over 6 months with hardly any interest. In fact since we moved here the whole suburb has gone downhill
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Stevie39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Noticed a few price reductions in and around Perth. Some properties in our suburb of Lesmurdie have been on the market for over 6 months with hardly any interest. In fact since we moved here the whole suburb has gone downhill
I have just found out that no matter what you do to try and make a better life, even in expensive suburbs, it can all crash about your ears here if a State housing development suddenly appears. Houses now worth 200K less than rebuild price IF you can sell it, now thats a price fall Dont even talk to me about the increase in crime rate I have seen in 4 years...
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I'm giving up on the Australian housing market and moving back to London.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stevie39
I have just found out that no matter what you do to try and make a better life, even in expensive suburbs, it can all crash about your ears here if a State housing development suddenly appears. Houses now worth 200K less than rebuild price IF you can sell it, now thats a price fall Dont even talk to me about the increase in crime rate I have seen in 4 years...
Really? What suburb is this?