Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth House builders

Perth House builders

Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice
Default Perth House builders

Hi guys,

I am sure someone out there has built a house over the last year or two so hopefully you can answer this one for me.

We have managed to get a decent sized block NOR in Perth and are looking around at different builders and styles of homes etc...and are looking for any good points/bad points about certain builders.

We dont want to build anything flash, just a fair sized 4x2. We are currently torn between Scott Park, Celebration and Gemmil.

We are looking at a build of around $155-$170k ish plus site works.

Anyone used these builders before and what experiences good or bad have you had. Did you manage to get any extras, discounts or got ripped off for anything?

Just looking for tips really as we have never built in Oz before and dont want to be taken for a ride.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth House builders

We're currently building with Celebration. So far we're happy with them. Although, we're just at the slab going down part. Our sales rep was very good to us and so far they've been really good about answering any questions we had right away.

Quite honestly you are not going to get much with the builders you mention for the price you're looking at. If you see a house advertised for $150000 you will need to add at least 20% for upgrades and finishes. The price on the internet or at the display doesn't include much to be honest. For instance, the base price on our house build was $164000. In order to build it to 'move in' condition the total cost will be closer to $200000.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth House builders

*coughs* ...

PM me fella ... I'm at Collier Homes & 'maybe' able to help you out