Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth holiday rentals - Area suggestions please

Perth holiday rentals - Area suggestions please

Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about
Talking Perth holiday rentals - Area suggestions please

Hiya all,

Well, our flights are all booked for next year and we're looking at hiring a house for 3 weeks.

I've been looking at stayz/holiday rentals etc and have found many places in our budget - but when we look at the local area, they're in the middle of nowhere.

Which areas should we look at? We have two girls, 5 and 13.

In an ideal world, we're looking for:

- Safe area
- Walking distance from a variety of restaurants/bars
- Near to a beach (if poss)

I don't mind driving places during the day at all, but it'd be nice to walk somewhere in the evening with the family and grab a bite to eat and maybe a couple of drinks

Thanks guys
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:34 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth holiday rentals - Area suggestions please

Originally Posted by BudBrain
Hiya all,

Well, our flights are all booked for next year and we're looking at hiring a house for 3 weeks.

I've been looking at stayz/holiday rentals etc and have found many places in our budget - but when we look at the local area, they're in the middle of nowhere.

Which areas should we look at? We have two girls, 5 and 13.

In an ideal world, we're looking for:

- Safe area
- Walking distance from a variety of restaurants/bars
- Near to a beach (if poss)

I don't mind driving places during the day at all, but it'd be nice to walk somewhere in the evening with the family and grab a bite to eat and maybe a couple of drinks

Thanks guys
Hillarys is the only place that has those things in the northern subs or perhaps Mindarie as it has a pub and a couple of restaurants.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about

How about the suburbs further South?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Or Kingsley/Woodvale where I know? Close to the freeway, train station and you can walk to the Kingsley Tavern for tea and drinks? There is the Italian at Woodvale that is supposed to be good as well. Not sure about the moon and sixpence anymore though.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Hillarys is the only place that has those things in the northern subs or perhaps Mindarie as it has a pub and a couple of restaurants.
Cottesloe would be the next one I am familiar with. Can't help any further south than that I am afraid.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Is there really that few places to go in the evening in Perth or is it just that these place are more scattered around?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

Is there really that few places to go in the evening in Perth or is it just that these place are more scattered around?
Scattered around, Joondalup would also have a few pubs and restaurants but unless you lived in the 'city' itself you would have to drive to most things. Everything is spread out, each suburb would have a few shops and possibly restaurants. The pub culture isn't the same here as the UK.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

I'm not looking for pub culture, just places to go in the evening to relax with the kids.

Ok, how's about strip clubs?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

I'm not looking for pub culture, just places to go in the evening to relax with the kids.

Ok, how's about strip clubs?
Can't help with the strip clubs I am afraid, I am sure there are some in Northbridge but not really my thing.

Being close to Hillarys sounds like the best place for you, plenty of restaurants, a pub or two, kid friendly beach, playground and a water park.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

We've had a couple of nice holidays staying in Quinns. Great beach, there's a fish shop on the front (great the first time we stayed, not the second), a few more cafes along the beach. Short drive to Mindarie Marina for a beer (just the one!) and a milk shake for the 3 year old.