British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   PERTH-help for newbies! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-help-newbies-319927/)

Dawn Nov 22nd 2006 7:08 pm

Re: PERTH-help for newbies!

Hi Sam, your getting about a bit today :D sorry to sound dumb but what is 'cottaging'? i can only hazard a guess! prob is I think you have to watch them everywhere you go now, shame but true :mad:

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
We'll see you there then :D

thpinkpussycat Nov 22nd 2006 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi Sam, your getting about a bit today :D sorry to sound dumb but what is 'cottaging'? i can only hazard a guess! prob is I think you have to watch them everywhere you go now, shame but true :mad:

Think George Micheal! :eek:

And yes its part of the problem with public loos, but i think we would make a pretty formidable (sp) group :scared:

Chef69 Nov 22nd 2006 7:28 pm

School Christmas Holidays.

Just a quick note to let everyone know when the kids break up from school we will be meeting a Whitfords Nodes Park, off Whitfords Ave. Its a lovely park as short walk from Hillarys, plenty of play areas, BBQ's, parking and closed to the beach.

As most of the regulars know the dome is not very child friendly and Hillarys get very busy of the summer holidays.

I hope that anyone coming out over Christmas or even if you have been here awhile will come and join us.

Thanks
Sam

Sam,
Please forgive me,having a brainless moment.But is that the beach opposite the Dome or somewhere else all together?I know,I know.At this stage I should really know,but I don't.

Ransi Nov 22nd 2006 7:29 pm

We'll see you there then :D

Lol :D

thpinkpussycat Nov 22nd 2006 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Chef69
Sam,
Please forgive me,having a brainless moment.But is that the beach opposite the Dome or somewhere else all together?I know,I know.At this stage I should really know,but I don't.

Hi
No its off Whitfords Ave
Here:
http://www.whereis.com/whereis/confi...f=homePlaceMap

Athough on Where Is.com its called Hillarys Beach Park, Whitfords Ave but the sigh as you drive past calls it Whitfords Nodes park. :confused:

Sam

Tiawamutu Dec 26th 2006 1:54 pm

When do the hilary's/park meet ups start again? When do the kids go back to school?

nightnurse2 Dec 26th 2006 3:08 pm

Hi Ang,
not too sure when they'll start up again but Sue and I may be going next week (4th) and I'm sure some of the others will be there too! The kids go back to school on the 31st Jan, so they'll be back on at the Dome on the 1st Feb.
Hope you had a good Christmas.
Tracey

Tiawamutu Dec 26th 2006 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Hi Ang,
not too sure when they'll start up again but Sue and I may be going next week (4th) and I'm sure some of the others will be there too! The kids go back to school on the 31st Jan, so they'll be back on at the Dome on the 1st Feb.
Tracey

Hi Tracey,
We had a really nice Christmas with friends. They were the people who we rented from on arrival, and they invited us to spend Christmas day with them. Very strange with the hot weather tho :eek:

How about you?

I'm off next Thurs, so am gonna try and get there, as I know there is a bus that goes there once an hour or something like that, so I'll do my best, lol

Can't wait to learn to drive! Wish I'd done it in the U.K now :rolleyes:

Hopefully see you there

nightnurse2 Dec 26th 2006 4:18 pm

Hi Ang,
Had a good Xmas thanks!
Send Sue a txt and we'll arrange to pick you up from the trian station.
Tracey

Tiawamutu Dec 26th 2006 4:24 pm

Hi Ang,
Had a good Xmas thanks!
Send Sue a txt and we'll arrange to pick you up from the trian station.
Tracey

Thought you were full up with kids?

Ok will do, thanks

Tiawamutu Dec 26th 2006 5:01 pm

Has anyone heard anything about fireworks at Hilary's marina on new years eve? :confused:

I heard they have had them on before.

thpinkpussycat Dec 26th 2006 9:31 pm

Hi Ang,
Tracey

Yes we will back to normal on Thursday and still meeting at the park until the kids go back to school at the end of Jan

Tracey hope you had a good xmas and the rellies behaved.

Sam

sme Jan 2nd 2007 2:11 pm

Are you meeting this week, as I may try to get down there ? (after doing the final inspection on the house we are buying :) )

Gillian

nightnurse2 Jan 2nd 2007 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by sme (Post 4244852)
Are you meeting this week, as I may try to get down there ? (after doing the final inspection on the house we are buying :) )

Gillian

Hi Gillian,
Yes, we will be there this week (Thursday 4th)
Try and come if you can, it's always good to see new faces!
Tracey

nightnurse2 Jan 2nd 2007 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat (Post 4230323)
Yes we will back to normal on Thursday and still meeting at the park until the kids go back to school at the end of Jan

Tracey hope you had a good xmas and the rellies behaved.

Sam

Hi Sam, had a good one thanks and you?

My mum is here now and behaving herself (up to now!) think it was me that didn't!
See you thursday,
Tracey