Perth help

Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:12 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Perth help

Originally Posted by andydon
Hi

We are looking for some advice

We are planning to move to Australia early in the new year but have not fully decided where (only us - no family or friends in Australia ). My wife really likes Perth but we have never been but my uncle reckons there are LOADS of flies and because of them it is unbearable in the summer.

Small point i know but we love the outdoors and spent a while in Spain but were infested with them which partly ruined our time there, so just like to get thoughts of people who live there and if he has his facts right.

Cheers for help

Andy
Flies can be a pain in the summer, I have to be honest, but some places are considerably worse than others, you will simply have to find the places with the least flies. Dont let it stop you moving though, there is a lot more to Perth than flies. Added to that because its so warm in the winter, you will find the autumn and winter are a great time for a picnic, as the risk of sunburn is much lower, and the climate is very similar to a warm summers day in the UK.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

I Live in Perth and only arrived this Jan. Yes you do get flies but you can live with them. I hate them and they don't bother me. This is Australia, you can buy almost everything in the shops to combat everything that you can think of. There is a spray that you put on,this will keep the flies at bay or for mozzies buy a sun lotion with repellent already in it. They are only here for a short while and mostly more inland. Don't let something as small as this stop you from coming here. It is a beautiful place.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:36 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

The flies arrived in force in November time as I recall. They were really bad for a month or so (made eating outside pretty gross sometimes) but once the dung beetles kicked in they were better. I found them pretty unbearable for that period, but once they had settled down it was just the normal number of australian flies.

Walking the pram without a sun shade was hideous for my daughter as I seemed to just scoop them up!!! And picking up dog poop was vile. Saying that, the memory has faded, and I'm sure although I'll be cursing them again this spring, at least this time I'll know its only a temporary situation.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 5:20 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Hi there,

Your uncle is probably not wrong if he visited 15,20 years ago. Before Dung Beetles were introduced, Perth was notorious for flies all summer long and they could be really dreadful at times. In the last 10 years the problem is pretty non-existant compared to what it used to be like. For the bit that remain, early summer is a bit worse and Coastal areas have less flies (sea breeze blows them away) than the Eastern/Hills areas, also rural and semi rural areas where there are cows/horses/sheep (and their poo!) are a bit worse but general everyday living is fine! I wouldn't recommend leaving fly screens open but pretty mcuh every house has fly screens on the doors and windows so you get the air but no flies.

Michelle
Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Chef69
I Live in Perth and only arrived this Jan. Yes you do get flies but you can live with them. I hate them and they don't bother me. This is Australia, you can buy almost everything in the shops to combat everything that you can think of. There is a spray that you put on,this will keep the flies at bay or for mozzies buy a sun lotion with repellent already in it. They are only here for a short while and mostly more inland. Don't let something as small as this stop you from coming here. It is a beautiful place.
hello chef69
i got to here your name in other forum rooms i found you
well as my name says im allso a chef. just got a couple of questions for you .if you dont mind
1 is there lots of good chef jobs in perth
2 many head chef jobs? this is what i do in uk
3 what kind of money are we geting paid?
4 what is a good place/papper to look at for jobs ?
thank you my list would go on and on but not enought space
hope all is good . im just awaiting for my med so hopfully be there next year
thanks
david
Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by michellemac
Hi there,

Your uncle is probably not wrong if he visited 15,20 years ago. Before Dung Beetles were introduced, Perth was notorious for flies all summer long and they could be really dreadful at times. In the last 10 years the problem is pretty non-existant compared to what it used to be like. For the bit that remain, early summer is a bit worse and Coastal areas have less flies (sea breeze blows them away) than the Eastern/Hills areas, also rural and semi rural areas where there are cows/horses/sheep (and their poo!) are a bit worse but general everyday living is fine! I wouldn't recommend leaving fly screens open but pretty mcuh every house has fly screens on the doors and windows so you get the air but no flies.

Michelle
I was there on holiday last november , and the flies were an absolute nightmare , they were in your face and eyes and just generally doing my head in . But apparantly they subside after a while , but by that time it was time for us to come home so dont know if it was particularly bad , normal or whatever !