Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Football Fans

Perth Football Fans

Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Football Fans

Here's something that was posted on Aussiemove recently, I met the guy concerned at a Glory friendly game and he needs a reasonable number of people to arrange it. I suggested that there might be sufficient interest between Aussiemove and British Expats. So.... if you're in Perth, heading to Perth, a fan of the beautiful game, and interested in getting "up close and personal" with the Glory lads, this could be just the ticket.

"It's been a while since i last posted a message...good to see loads of new people on there as well. I realise that there a probably a few (well more than a few) new migrants who are having serious bouts of withdrawal for all things football! I now work for Perth Glory FC and if we are able drum up enough interest between us we can have a meet and greet with each other, meet the Glory players and a have drink with our new manager Steve McMahon (ex Liverpool and England)and a "welcome to WA" mini function down at the Members Equity Stadium.

Let me know what you all think and if it sounds appealing to the masses...maybe we could tie it in with a bbq somewhere.
ta for now, "
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Perth Football Fans

Wicked.....I am a massive footie fan and although I wont be migrating until early 2006 I am very keen to get in touch with footie fans if I move to Perth (or anywhere for that matter).

Sounds like a great idea, although i expect I will have to play catch up!

SS
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

AdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant future

I'm definately up for it, family and I arrive on the 17th May 2005 (under 3 weeks!) I'm a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan, so any sort of footy down under will be great. I heard Steve Mcmahon was on his way down under too, he recently managed one of our local teams, the mighty Tangerine Dream (Blackpool!!) now managed by the great Colin Hendry!

And hasn't Dwight Yorke just signed for Sydney?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdelaideBlue
I'm definately up for it, family and I arrive on the 17th May 2005 (under 3 weeks!) I'm a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan, so any sort of footy down under will be great. I heard Steve Mcmahon was on his way down under too, he recently managed one of our local teams, the mighty Tangerine Dream (Blackpool!!) now managed by the great Colin Hendry!

And hasn't Dwight Yorke just signed for Sydney?
Yorkie has indeed signed for Bling Bling FC (Sydney are the self-styled glamour club apparently)
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:55 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek
Here's something that was posted on Aussiemove recently, I met the guy concerned at a Glory friendly game and he needs a reasonable number of people to arrange it. I suggested that there might be sufficient interest between Aussiemove and British Expats. So.... if you're in Perth, heading to Perth, a fan of the beautiful game, and interested in getting "up close and personal" with the Glory lads, this could be just the ticket.

"It's been a while since i last posted a message...good to see loads of new people on there as well. I realise that there a probably a few (well more than a few) new migrants who are having serious bouts of withdrawal for all things football! I now work for Perth Glory FC and if we are able drum up enough interest between us we can have a meet and greet with each other, meet the Glory players and a have drink with our new manager Steve McMahon (ex Liverpool and England)and a "welcome to WA" mini function down at the Members Equity Stadium.

Let me know what you all think and if it sounds appealing to the masses...maybe we could tie it in with a bbq somewhere.
ta for now, "
We don't expect to be in Perth until late in the year but I would be up for this sort of thing.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Please be sure to mention me to Stevie "La" McMahon...

I have a picture of me (Aged 8) sat on his knee at an Isle of Man Everton Supporters Club Dinner Dance many moons ago when he played for a decent side and was a good lad with his head screwed on right.

Alas his career went down the pan after leaving us and laterly joining the "dark side".

He'll destroy the Glory...mark my words.

Three Legs

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek

ta for now, "
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Not sure if McMahon can off much glamour to the Glory haha

When I was in Sydney 5 years ago Ian Rush played for Sydney - I kid you not!!

SS