Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth ( Fishing)

Perth ( Fishing)

Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth ( Fishing)

Been living in Perth ( Quinns Rocks and now Ridgewood) for just under a year now and have got inlaws coming in December. Father in law as a mad keen fisherman and wondered if anyone out there new of a place where i could take him fishing ( For relatively big stuff) without going out on a charter in the metro area without going to the likes of Shark/Coral bay, Steep point etc.

Any help appreciated and also any tips or pointers
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:01 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth ( Fishing)

Originally Posted by nickallen1969
Been living in Perth ( Quinns Rocks and now Ridgewood) for just under a year now and have got inlaws coming in December. Father in law as a mad keen fisherman and wondered if anyone out there new of a place where i could take him fishing ( For relatively big stuff) without going out on a charter in the metro area without going to the likes of Shark/Coral bay, Steep point etc.

Basically no. The whole coastline close to shore is small fish only. Even if you go out off Perth you would have to go a fair way out to catch anything big, the whole area is severely overfished. They have introduced some limits recently to try and restore fish stocks. You would be better spending the cash on a charter, I got told going from Mandurah is good.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

We go fishing down at mindarie it is a bit of fun with the boys and some folks catch a lot of fish and you can go out on the rocks as well good luck Kate
Old Oct 25th 2009, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

martin102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickallen1969

You can try bouvard charters in Port Bouvard Mandurah, Whenever i see them come in they allways have bags of fish each. And it,s closer than shark bay.