Wikiposts

Perth deli's ?

Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:15 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth deli's ?

I'm not there yet but a mate has moved from Sydney to south perth a year ago but can't find a good deli for Gourmet cheeses and good fresh fish.

Anyone know where i can tell them to go ?
Cheers
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth deli's ?

The only other place, apart from the usual supermarkets, would possinbly be David Jones's food hall. I have seen a fantastic range of cheeses there.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:09 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I'm not there yet but a mate has moved from Sydney to south perth a year ago but can't find a good deli for Gourmet cheeses and good fresh fish.

Anyone know where i can tell them to go ?
Cheers
Firstly, "deli's" in OZ are the same as "Dairy's" in NZ. Basically a 7 day shop for milk, bread, cigs, newspapers and things you missed at the supermarket.

They are NOT true delicatessians.

Gourmet cheeses and fresh fish can usually be bought at larger supermarkets. Fishmongers and other speciality shops can be sussed out once you have settled in and spoken to a few locals or that.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:11 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
The only other place, apart from the usual supermarkets, would possinbly be David Jones's food hall. I have seen a fantastic range of cheeses there.
Yep. Also try MYER international gourmet food section.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:58 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool thanks guys (Gals) Will point them in that direction
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:14 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Cool thanks guys (Gals) Will point them in that direction
A Deli in Australia is pretty much what we know as a Spar/ Dillons/ Londis etc etc in the UK.
Definately not a deli as in the European version of a Deli.

The woolies here is Gero do a good variety of cheeses a and they are actually made where they should be made rather than Ausie Versions.

Still cant find a propper Spannish Chorizo Sausage here tho, they are all Australian made and not real good.

Kala