British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth anyone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-anyone-543336/)

sunflower7 Jun 16th 2008 6:00 pm

Perth anyone?

Is anyone heading to Perth within the next 10months? Have posted on meet up forum. Relationship over and going alone. Would love to chat/meet up with others heading over there.

ivanjjordan Jun 16th 2008 6:44 pm

Re: Perth anyone?

we are:thumbsup:

sunflower7 Jun 16th 2008 6:46 pm

Hey :) great. Do you know whereabouts your heading. Where you from?

Basty Jun 16th 2008 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by sunflower7 (Post 6472440)
Hey :) great. Do you know whereabouts your heading. Where you from?

Hi Sunflower 7,

We are also heading for Perth, probably Somerley, Ridgewood area, and we are hoping to go by the end of the year (as soon as the visa comes, we applied Feb).

Would love to meet up for a chat:thumbsup:

sunflower7 Jun 16th 2008 6:59 pm

:) Thats great, how soon do you expect your visa. Do you both have jobs to go to? Do you know that area or people over there? you seem certain about the part you wish to go to.

ivanjjordan Jun 16th 2008 7:02 pm

goin kinross area but might have a look at mandurah depends on work, flights 2nd sept singapore airlines ,rented the house out and shippin 25 t chests out end of next month got 2 lads 17and 8 we are from runcorn ,where r u goin ?:thumbsup:

sunflower7 Jun 16th 2008 7:20 pm

wow your going quite soon then. I need to decide whether to sell or rent out. Property market being way it is i'm not sure. Then need to get a job, have visa already.

ivanjjordan Jun 16th 2008 7:23 pm

its took awhile but its steamin along now, may be c u on the sunny side:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sunflower7 Jun 16th 2008 7:37 pm

yes, hope so. keep us posted on how your getting on. Have you used agents for renting out your house?

Basty Jun 16th 2008 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by sunflower7 (Post 6472508)
wow your going quite soon then. I need to decide whether to sell or rent out. Property market being way it is i'm not sure. Then need to get a job, have visa already.

We were hoping to get visa Aug/Sept but I think it won't be until end of the year, immi are really behind at the moment:curse:
I have a friend in Somerley, she has been there just over 2 years. OH has a job to go to and that will be NOR, but we will look more when we get there, we haven't been before!!
We have sold our house subject to contract and we will move into a rental until we go - we just can't wait, I'll be hop, skip and jumping through the airport when I get there:rofl:

docgp Jun 16th 2008 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by sunflower7 (Post 6472346)
Is anyone heading to Perth within the next 10months? Have posted on meet up forum. Relationship over and going alone. Would love to chat/meet up with others heading over there.

hey there

i see your going alone :(

me too, but we are not the only ones

here is a link for you

the official loners thread

oh, im heading for perth too :p
doc

sunflower7 Jun 16th 2008 7:44 pm

Your pretty much sorted then once visa comes. Wish i was. Got to make the house decision (its already gone down £10,000) then its all go. :) Good luck with your visa..

docgp Jun 16th 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by sunflower7 (Post 6472562)
Your pretty much sorted then once visa comes. Wish i was. Got to make the house decision (its already gone down £10,000) then its all go. :) Good luck with your visa..

thats if the visa comes :eek::eek:

as you are probably aware, the process of visa's is slow at best :curse::curse:

but we all know they are working very hard to clear the back log etc etc

just have to be patient and wait

doc

sunflower7 Jun 16th 2008 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by docgp (Post 6472548)
hey there

i see your going alone :(

me too, but we are not the only ones

here is a link for you

the official loners thread

oh, im heading for perth too :p
doc

Glad to hear from another loner. :) I was in York only last week. Place called Crayke - Lovely. I did notice the thread, but soo long I could not tell in the time I had who was heading Perth way.
How are your plans going?

docgp Jun 16th 2008 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by sunflower7 (Post 6472587)
Glad to hear from another loner. :) I was in York only last week. Place called Crayke - Lovely. I did notice the thread, but soo long I could not tell in the time I had who was heading Perth way.
How are your plans going?

my plan is to wait and wait and wait and then some more waiting

it seems to be going to plan thanks to DIAC :p :blink::blink:

just saving as much money as possiabl, so if it takes 12 months i should have enough put away

apart from that theres not much more i can do??

doc