Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth From the Air....

Perth From the Air....

Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:36 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth From the Air....

Here's something cool to do with all those christmas guests,
I did this for a friends birthday a few weeks ago, its was superb.
Its a scenic flight out of Jandakot out to Freo, up the coast to Hillarys, inland and down to Perth, around the city and down the swan river towards freo and back to the airport.
Frank our pilot was superb, its basically the Rottnest Taxi which flys over to Rotto (funnily enough) as it doesnt get used all that often they use them for scenic flights, there's a 4 seater or six seater light aircraft (the pilot takes up one of the seats, so its 3 or 5 max guests) I looked at helicopter flights for the same sort of thing and they were like $150 each for this sort of journey, we paid $200 for all 5 of us $40 each is a bargain. I think its $150 for the 4 seater plane.
I got loads of great pics ( see attached if it works, doesnt look great at 36kb compared to the 2MB version though...)
Here's the website for details.
http://www.rottnest.de/
Attached Thumbnails Perth From the Air....-114-1495_img.jpg  
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:06 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth From the Air....

Originally Posted by steve99
Its a scenic flight out of Jandakot out to Freo, up the coast to Hillarys, inland and down to Perth, around the city and down the swan river towards freo and back to the airport.
Frank our pilot was superb, its basically the Rottnest Taxi which flys over to Rotto (funnily enough) as it doesnt get used all that often they use them for scenic flights, there's a 4 seater or six seater light aircraft (the pilot takes up one of the seats, so its 3 or 5 max guests) I looked at helicopter flights for the same sort of thing and they were like $150 each for this sort of journey, we paid $200 for all 5 of us $40 each is a bargain. I think its $150 for the 4 seater plane.
I got loads of great pics ( see attached if it works, doesnt look great at 36kb compared to the 2MB version though...)

Fabulous views.

We did two flights. One from Rottnest round the island, only 10 minutes but stunning.

Second was from Jandakot, over Perth, down to Freo etc. Stunning but I wasn't too happy at flying over the CBD in a tiny little plane, felt a little scared.

Whilst it's not Perth, I can recommend the flight from Rose Bay in Sydney to Cottage Point in the Kurrangi Chase. It's a seaplane, takes you over Manly etc and lands in the Hawkesberry River. You have a leisurely lunch at a restaurant on the water and then fly back. Did it on Xmas Eve last year. Beautiful.

Also a quick 10 minute helicopter flight over the GBR. Again, stunning.

We'll be trying a few flights in Perth when we get there in a couple of weeks.

You can tell hubby like flying, can't you!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Thanks Steve, sounds like an excellent idea and good value - might try it once I've got hubby out to work! Do you think they'd let you take children?
Larissa
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:57 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Thanks Steve, sounds like an excellent idea and good value - might try it once I've got hubby out to work! Do you think they'd let you take children?
Larissa
Hi Larrisa,

Yes I dont see why they wouldnt let you take children, you have to climb in up and over the wing to get in the plane, there just lap belts on the seats, its a 2, 2, 2 seating config. Depending on how old the kids are the only issue could be how much they can see, id say the window line was roughly at about my chest point, so if there very small they may struggle to see down to the ground. Id give them a call to double check, ask to speak to Frank, he was really helpfull.
Enjoy it if you go.

Thanks for those other ideas Sunshinegirl, ive heard about that one in Sydney, sounds great, i'll definitely look it up when im next over that way.

Steve
Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys
Just to let you know that we have just booked a flight to go to Rottsnest for the day, then fly back up the sunset coast and back to Jandakot in the evening. I'll let you all know how it goes, thanks for the recommendation Steve!
Larissa
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:27 am
Living in Perthection

Hi Larissa,
Have a great Flight!

Here's another good link that was recently forwarded on to me:

http://www.landonline.com.au/skyview...ct_group_id=78

(quite a long link so if your cutting and pasting dont forget the bit on the second line or it wont work)

Its aerial photos of most of Perth, you can zoom in pretty close to your own house. Looks like the pics are about a year old but handy for finding out what your neighbour's got hidden behind the fence

Steve
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thats a bloody bargain. I have just booked tickets for the Rottnest ferry for this sunday.....wait for it........$68 EACH!!!!!!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Rottnest island so far my favouite place in oz, settling in Brisbane though so will just be able to visit on a holiday