Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth or Adelaide?

Perth or Adelaide?

Old Sep 17th 2011, 12:45 pm
Sammi T

Sammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really nice
Default Perth or Adelaide?

Hi all,

We are hoping to move to Oz in January/February time as we were granted our visas last week.

We spent 3 months in WA two years ago and loved it, however WA couldn't sponsor us as our skill was not on their list when we lodged so we got SA sponsorship instead.

The reason for the question is we need to go to SA initially but dependent on how we find SA, we may finally settle in WA.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Old Sep 17th 2011, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth or Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Sammi T
Hi all,

We are hoping to move to Oz in January/February time as we were granted our visas last week.

We spent 3 months in WA two years ago and loved it, however WA couldn't sponsor us as our skill was not on their list when we lodged so we got SA sponsorship instead.

The reason for the question is we need to go to SA initially but dependent on how we find SA, we may finally settle in WA.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Perth is full of boring nutters.... If you are slightly mad and are looking for peace then perth will be perfect for you.... (like it is for me) However, i think most immigrants stay Where they land, dunno, never seen any stats on it... But thats the impression i get from people i know in perth... But then maybe perth IS perfect for them so they dont need to go anywhere else?

why make a whole life in sa then start again in wa?

Anyways, good luck it'll be here before you know it... All very exciting isnt it!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 1:07 pm
Sammi T

Sammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really nice

Thanks for your reply, yes all very exciting.

We are making this move as hopefully our final move so we are not looking at setting up life in either WA or SA until we are sure that is where we want to be, hence the reason to rent. We have a house in UK on the market and no mortgage so we are in a fairly good position financially although I think the rental will eat up any spare cash we have until we get jobs.

The idea is to fly to Perth, stay with family, check out south of the river then travel to SA, stay there for a few months, check that out and make a final decision on where we will lay our hats, so to speak

We are having problems finding short term lets though online so the plan may be to hire a camper van for a few weeks and check the rentals out when we are there, what are your thoughts on this?

Can't wait!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 1:10 pm
Sammi T

You could say we are boring people looking for a quiet life, by that I mean we aren't really pub crawlers or big party goers, prefer small get together s and dinners. Our love is our passion for adventure, we love all sorts of things from working with dogs, riding horses, motorbiking, travelling etc etc you get the picture
Old Sep 17th 2011, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammi T
You could say we are boring people looking for a quiet life, by that I mean we aren't really pub crawlers or big party goers, prefer small get together s and dinners. Our love is our passion for adventure, we love all sorts of things from working with dogs, riding horses, motorbiking, travelling etc etc you get the picture
sounds like perfect for perth... When you're checking out SOR pm me and pop down to shockingham, have a barbie or summit....
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:30 pm
Sammi T

Thank you eddie007, might just do that. Speak soon.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:34 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eddie007
sounds like perfect for perth... When you're checking out SOR pm me and pop down to shockingham, have a barbie or summit....
bring your own meat?
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ukecadet
bring your own meat?
No, we're only a short drive to the kwinana freeway so plenty of fresh road kill for everyone, providing I send HIM out early before the other bogans pick it all up...
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

January is still christmas summer holidays, so high season and pricey, but feb the kids go back to school

Holiday rental is the best idea if you dont have rellies who will put you up.. Thats what we did when we arrived... Booked it all online, got lucky, lovely little place, had all the "basics" leftt in a box for us by the owners coz they knew we were immigrating, long flight....Tea, coffee, butter, Bread milk etc.... Even a bottle of wine and some beers in the fridge and a note saying we wouldnt be wanting to go out for essentials after such a long trip and that they were included price no worries....

not everyone gets so lucky... One family got a roach infested hell hole "online" luck of the draw I suppose...
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:53 pm

No, we're only a short drive to the kwinana freeway so plenty of fresh road kill for everyone, providing I send HIM out early before the other bogans pick it all up...
I should put that in the "you know your in Australia when" you're invited to a barbie and asked to bring your own meat.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I should put that in the "you know your in Australia when" you're invited to a barbie and asked to bring your own meat.
Its bring a plate ffs... Not bring your own meat!

And bring your own alcohol too....in an esky ... And take home what you dont drink

Ozzies is queer folk int they?
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:10 pm
Sammi T

No worries blue LOL
We got all that when we stayed for 3 months a couple of years ago in WA, my husbands sister lives in Butler and that is what we loved about it, the barbies, the esky, beers and take home what you don't drink, everyone bringing food too, much more cost effective and you do more of it for that very reason as well as the company LOL

We have come out of the end of bringing up children and high pressure jobs so very much looking forward to our new lives. We have a couple of businesses we want to start up once we are settled too, we are doing them here in the UK at the mo but haven't built on them too much as we were waiting to hear about our visa which we got through a week ago, can't wait, dancing and singing on the spot for the last week. , maybe even by a house with a bit of land, sooo excited.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:13 pm

Its bring a plate ffs... Not bring your own meat!

And bring your own alcohol too....in an esky ... And take home what you dont drink

Ozzies is queer folk int they?
Sounds like Perths moved on, it was bring your own meat in my day.
I thought it was a bit odd a the time when invited to someones home they would say "bring your own meat"I can understand it if your having a meet at the beach or sumit.
If I have party at home I lay it all on for my guests.If they bring something with them it's appreciated but I wont ask them to supply their own grub.
I took a bottle of red to a Croatia mates party and he demanded I take it back to the car.He was quite offended.Bit extreme that.
Now that was a barbie and a half.He had a gurt big lamb on a spit...Dlish
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds like Perths moved on, it was bring your own meat in my day.
I thought it was a bit odd a the time when invited to someones home they would say "bring your own meat"I can understand it if your having a meet at the beach or sumit.
If I have party at home I lay it all on for my guests.If they bring something with them it's appreciated but I wont ask them to supply their own grub.
I took a bottle of red to a Croatia mates party and he demanded I take it back to the car.He was quite offended.Bit extreme that.
Now that was a barbie and a half.He had a gurt big lamb on a spit...Dlish
Obviously perf has become more sophisticated since you left, we do it the pommie way too... Feed everyone and help yerself to the barrel full of beers/wine...

Went to a sheep on a spit out whoop whoop a couple of weeks ago... Bloody brilliant night... The lads had caught, killed and prepared the sheep themselves.. All beards and flannel shirts... Utes and kids running amok... As Bogan as it gets... Huge bonfire we all sat round ... After they got over the fact we were "bloody poms" it was the best night out I've had since coming to australia....
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:28 pm
Sammi T

Love it, sounds fantastic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.