Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth or Adelaide?

Perth or Adelaide?

Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth or Adelaide?

Yep, loads of brits settling here in Adelaide.
We love it here, loads of nursing jobs, lots to do, great beaches.
I work at a private hospital (ICU) and I teach part time, PM if you want any info
jaqcui
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by [B
jen 71[/B]]hi may sound a sill question but is there adelaide quite coastal or out in the sticks flying doctor country to be honest we are clutching at straws and probly go enywhere in oz if we did get the oppotunity i been always looking at qld as my brother lives there ,serious replies only
There's a bit of everything here. Coastal suburbs are mostly down South (there are some up North too but not as many, unless you want to live somewhere really quiet or have lots of money).

Then there's the hills in the East, beautiful scenery from up there.

The North can boast the Barossa Valley, which is stunning.

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Yep, loads of brits settling here in Adelaide.
We love it here, loads of nursing jobs, lots to do, great beaches.
I work at a private hospital (ICU) and I teach part time, PM if you want any info
jaqcui

Hello

You up for a coffee meet soon?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
There's a bit of everything here. Coastal suburbs are mostly down South (there are some up North too but not as many, unless you want to live somewhere really quiet or have lots of money).

Then there's the hills in the East, beautiful scenery from up there.

The North can boast the Barossa Valley, which is stunning.

Hello

You up for a coffee meet soon?
Hi wendy, thats a deffo, been laid up with a bad knee, had the op a few weeks ago so am mobile again!!!!!!!Also got a new job in the city, so lots to chat about.........when you thinking?
jacqui
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
go to Adelaide. Perth is boring and house prices are sky high.
lol, now you tell us.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wendy, thats a deffo, been laid up with a bad knee, had the op a few weeks ago so am mobile again!!!!!!!Also got a new job in the city, so lots to chat about.........when you thinking?
jacqui

How about Friday the 6th July. Say 11am outside Starbucks?

Or anytime that week really if that's not good for you.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

How about Friday the 6th July. Say 11am outside Starbucks?

Or anytime that week really if that's not good for you.
Can't do Fri as I work on that day, can do Wed but it will have to be earlier, let me know
jacqui
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can't do Fri as I work on that day, can do Wed but it will have to be earlier, let me know
jacqui

Yep, Wednesday is fine. I can get there anytime from 9:30am onwards
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep, Wednesday is fine. I can get there anytime from 9:30am onwards
9.30am on Wed sounds good to me
see ya than
jacqui
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Neither ...

Boring as batshit

Go Gold Coast ... definately flavour of the month on here.

Perth maybe back on the menu come Spring.

Happy hunting!

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hi there!
Can't decide between the two....I'm a nurse, OH retail manager, 2 boys 13 & 8. Any info much appreciated as not in a position to make reccie trip.
Thanks,Sally
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

9.30am on Wed sounds good to me
see ya than
jacqui

Sound. Look forward to it
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

We are in adelaide, Been here 12 weeks, we Rent in the north. Great place, But the property is not as cheep as people say. If you are looking for 4 beds, pool, nice kitchen etc ok area, you are looking at $400.000 +.
School,s are good and most people are nice. we went to perth 2yrs ago on recki. We found it to far out and not as much opportunities.
Adelaide sort of not too populated Yet.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by milly123
We are in adelaide, Been here 12 weeks, we Rent in the north. Great place, But the property is not as cheep as people say. If you are looking for 4 beds, pool, nice kitchen etc ok area, you are looking at $400.000 +.
School,s are good and most people are nice. we went to perth 2yrs ago on recki. We found it to far out and not as much opportunities.
Adelaide sort of not too populated Yet.

Hi Milly, you not had any luck finding a house yet? Hopefully something will come along soon
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Hi Milly, you not had any luck finding a house yet? Hopefully something will come along soon
Hi, no not yet. Thinking of mount barker now, but will have to move daughter's school again.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by milly123
Hi, no not yet. Thinking of mount barker now, but will have to move daughter's school again.

I had to change my little girls (she's 7) school when we moved.

She settled in really well, so hopefully your daughter will be OK if you do decide to move there.

Let us know how you get on won't you
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jen 71
hi may sound a sill question but is there adelaide quite coastal or out in the sticks flying doctor country to be honest we are clutching at straws and probly go enywhere in oz if we did get the oppotunity i been always looking at qld as my brother lives there ,serious replies only
Adelaide is coastal and a city. That's why we chose it... We wanted to attraction of a city and all that that has to offer along with the quiet and beautiful coast.

This is perth Or at least the pics we took while we were there!

For Adelaide I'd have a look at the at website I put in another thread. It gives you 360 tours of a lot of the city. The beachs i about 20/30 mins drive from there... that's where I live! With views of the sea out of my front window.. it's lovely.

or you can see more of our pics! lol

We trundled around Australia a bit before we choose to live here. We were actually planning to live in Brisbane and spent some time looking for somewhere to live up there... we'd already fallen in love with Adelaide though and flew back, found a house and settled! it's a lovely place.

Last edited by Mochinbach; Jun 11th 2007 at 1:30 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.