Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth or Adelaide?

Perth or Adelaide?

Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice
Smile Re: Perth or Adelaide?

lol
Old Jun 10th 2007, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth or Adelaide?

Originally Posted by down under
lol
Hopefully his luck would rub off.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

I think Adelaide sounds fab and looks wonderful. OH likes the sound of QLD. We have friends there which would be good but Adelaide still sounds affordable and lots of people seem to think the education and health systems are better. Is this true, does anybody know? Which hospitals do you nurse in? I'm a theatre nurse and need a job!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Lou, don't think you would have any problems finding a theatre job. I am a community nurse & jobs not as easily available as in the hospitals. We are going to apply for PR once skill assessment is back from ANMC and if necessary I'll sign with an agency & find something permanent once we are there. At the moment deciding where to head for and getting there are the priorities!!!
Good luck to you & keep in touch!
Sally
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'd go to Adelaide due to the house prices. Apart from that I would head to Perth and buy the house next door to Amazulu.
House across the road is for sale.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:16 am
STRIKE HARD STRIKE SURE

Whitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hi there!
Can't decide between the two....I'm a nurse, OH retail manager, 2 boys 13 & 8. Any info much appreciated as not in a position to make reccie trip.
Thanks,Sally
Adelaide was our choice. N
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
House across the road is for sale.

Go on tell us. 3 Million
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:16 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouB
I think Adelaide sounds fab and looks wonderful. OH likes the sound of QLD. We have friends there which would be good but Adelaide still sounds affordable and lots of people seem to think the education and health systems are better. Is this true, does anybody know? Which hospitals do you nurse in? I'm a theatre nurse and need a job!
Hi, I am a nurse in Adelaide. Been here 9 months now and loving it. I work at the RAH ( Royal Adelaide Hospital) in Emergency. It's a massive trauma centre so never short of excitement. 24hr theatre and there are always jobs going. PM me and i'll see if i can get you into contact with the manager.

I have 2 boys 10 and 9yrs and they love the life and school!!

xRachx
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

hi may sound a sill question but is there adelaide quite coastal or out in the sticks flying doctor country to be honest we are clutching at straws and probly go enywhere in oz if we did get the oppotunity i been always looking at qld as my brother lives there ,serious replies only
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:44 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Adelaide has lots to offer. It has a coast and hills to the north so there is a bit of something for everyone. We are planning to move their too. House prices are reasonable and the weather is not as hot as the gold coast. Hopefully i wont have a problem getting a job there as a nurse from a couple of agencies i have spoken too. Good luck whatever you decide x
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:45 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jen 71
hi may sound a sill question but is there adelaide quite coastal or out in the sticks flying doctor country to be honest we are clutching at straws and probly go enywhere in oz if we did get the oppotunity i been always looking at qld as my brother lives there ,serious replies only
Its often been called the 20 minute city as the center is quite central to evrtyhing ie the beach etc
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

sounds cool i will have to look up adelaide my hubbies a truckie and not on the skills list have sent for some info from other members that have given me advice see what comes back
cheers guys

Last edited by jen 71; Jun 10th 2007 at 6:52 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Verndownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Adelaide has lots to offer. It has a coast and hills to the north so there is a bit of something for everyone. We are planning to move their too. House prices are reasonable and the weather is not as hot as the gold coast. Hopefully i wont have a problem getting a job there as a nurse from a couple of agencies i have spoken too. Good luck whatever you decide x
Flinders Medical centre sounds and looks good. If we do head to Adelaide, that's where my husband is looking.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Go for Adelaide. Too many Poms and Pommy enclaves in Perth.
Is it true that whole streets are ethnically cleansed.

I can imagine moving to a new estate and finding everyone there unloading their stuff is a GBP1,000 Pom.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 12:36 am
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
There are just as many brits in parts of QLD, not so many just yet in SA but it is increasing.
Oh, I dunno. I see plenty of Brits here and numbers are increasing rapidly!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.