Perth

Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth

Is there a particualr time of the year when the Mozzies are highly active in Perth and are they around during the non-summer months? I was in Carramar last winter and didn't see or feel a mozzie. I also drove past Wanneroo and it looked very much like any other place in that particular area.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough

re mossies

Helen is correct and all info I agree with.

I go to wanneroo at least once a wk to visit in laws - they are v close to lake joondalup and once the sun goes down I do get bitten quite a lot! as I did when living next to Herdsman Lake. However, if there was one mossie in Perth, it would bite me.

Personally a bit far from the city to live for me personally.. Can't help with Morley, sorry.

Have a great time.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Is there a particualr time of the year when the Mozzies are highly active in Perth and are they around during the non-summer months?
Mozzies are active in late spring and throughout summer. But not all of Perth has mozzies. They are more likely to be found near lakes and in the hills.

As I said in my earlier posts: where we live, I've never seen a mozzie. You'd also be unlikely to come across them in Carramar.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
But not all of Perth has mozzies. They are more likely to be found near lakes and in the hills.
Mozzies are not a big problem where I live in the hills - we have them but not many.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough

Mozzies really are not an issue here in Tapping, we also have some but 'nothing to write home about'!!

But my brother lives in a unit on Mounts Bay Road, now they really do have a problem down there, lots of mozzies!!

Wanneroo Road is a major road used by large amounts of traffic and sadly some horrible accidents have occurred leading to loss of lives. However, I would'nt rate this road any more dangerous than any other major roads. But if the councils have targeted some intersections as accident blackspots and they are looking to improve safety then great!!!

BTW this area is fabulous to live in, everything at hand, I live and work up here, so does my otherhalf. We only venture into city to see family or when family here from overseas. Living in or nearer to the city is overated IMO.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Mozzies are not a big problem where I live in the hills - we have them but not many.
For us in Kalamunda living near to Jorganson national park the mozzies are a right pain, not the usual ones but small black ones that come out around mid afternoon. I have lived in many tropical places around the world and generally never react to mosquitoe bites, but these ones create small red insanely itchy mearks that appear after a couple of hours. On the plus side we never seem to get flies though they are a problem 500 meteres up the hill in Town. We do get those horse flies that are easy to swat but only when you feel them bite. For me the mozzies are the worst thing about where we live, that and the endless clearing of leaves in summer, everything else is great.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
For us in Kalamunda living near to Jorganson national park the mozzies are a right pain, not the usual ones but small black ones that come out around mid afternoon. I have lived in many tropical places around the world and generally never react to mosquitoe bites, but these ones create small red insanely itchy mearks that appear after a couple of hours. On the plus side we never seem to get flies though they are a problem 500 meteres up the hill in Town. We do get those horse flies that are easy to swat but only when you feel them bite. For me the mozzies are the worst thing about where we live, that and the endless clearing of leaves in summer, everything else is great.
Also don't have a massive problem with flies where we are. Hardly saw a March (Horse) fly this summer - last year they were bad. The bugs I hate the most are Portuguese miilipedes, although there were none last year due to late winter rains. It will be interesting to see if they come back this year.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:04 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Our house is up for rent in Morley - just across the road from the Galleria, and great links to the main Morley bus depot, (9 km and 20 mins to city, 10 mins to domestic airport, 10 mins to Swan River, 15 mins to Burswood, and 20 mins to Swan Valley.

We loved it there, but had to move to Brisbane for work, and are now looking here. Its a nightmare!