Perth 2011

Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all
Default Perth 2011

Got to be this time or I will never make it!!! Looking for tips, hints and support now the destination is finalised. Any help much appreciated
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth 2011

Good luck, we've been trying to get there for a few years now, have visas, but with one thing or another are still here! Think we'll be going in June 2011 now! I recall saying that once or twice before!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Good luck, we've been trying to get there for a few years now, have visas, but with one thing or another are still here! Think we'll be going in June 2011 now! I recall saying that once or twice before!
You sound like me!!!!!!! This time it IS going to happen. We have friends living there now and we can learn from their mistakes. Maybe we can support each other in our quest to leave this island of ours!!!

Our delay is coz I have my visa but Gaynor and me only married this year so we now need to sort hers and the boys visas and save for the removals and flights....so really it is just the finances

Best of luck and fingers crossed for June 2011
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Yes Good Luck to you!
Well we couldn't sell house, then daughter sitting GCSE's, son at college so gave them 2 years to finish, thought it would be better to do that but none of them put any effort into them so wish we'd just gone 2 years ago! They're both saying they still don't want to come but me and husband are definately going to go next year. We also have a few friends over there, scattered from NOR to SOR so are unsure where we'll settle, I like Fremantle, hubby likes Hillarys!
I've come to realise there never will be an ideal time to move, as there will always be obstacles in the way, but we're just going to go for it now.
Vicky
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Yes Good Luck to you!
Well we couldn't sell house, then daughter sitting GCSE's, son at college so gave them 2 years to finish, thought it would be better to do that but none of them put any effort into them so wish we'd just gone 2 years ago! They're both saying they still don't want to come but me and husband are definately going to go next year. We also have a few friends over there, scattered from NOR to SOR so are unsure where we'll settle, I like Fremantle, hubby likes Hillarys!
I've come to realise there never will be an ideal time to move, as there will always be obstacles in the way, but we're just going to go for it now.
Vicky
You are right, there never is a good time. We were going to move in April just after we married but we lost Gaynors eldest in Afghanistan so there were so many first anniversaries we wanted to do here in the UK so we could try and face the future without him....an impossible task but we both know he would have wanted us to move and not stay just to visit his resting place once a week. We will make a memorial place in Perth and obviously will never forget.

We feel it is now or never before something else happens. We need a break and some good luck for a change. So April/May 2011 cannot come soon enough...see you guys in Perth
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
You are right, there never is a good time. We were going to move in April just after we married but we lost Gaynors eldest in Afghanistan so there were so many first anniversaries we wanted to do here in the UK so we could try and face the future without him....an impossible task but we both know he would have wanted us to move and not stay just to visit his resting place once a week. We will make a memorial place in Perth and obviously will never forget.

We feel it is now or never before something else happens. We need a break and some good luck for a change. So April/May 2011 cannot come soon enough...see you guys in Perth
Come on guys...use to be the place to get the answers to your question. I know I've not been on for a while but it hasn't changed that much has it?

Any others out there new to Perth who wanna help?
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
Come on guys...use to be the place to get the answers to your question. I know I've not been on for a while but it hasn't changed that much has it?

Any others out there new to Perth who wanna help?
I'll move you into the main forum
Old Sep 24th 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We've been here north of Perth for just 3 weeks so all very new & raw to us. Not quite sure what hints or tips you're looking for but ask & I can give you my opinion if you like but it will only be 'my opinion' if you get what I mean.

In the 3 weeks we've been here we've bought a car, moved in to our rental & our daughter has started school. We're just waiting on our stuff to arrive now, fingers crossed we should have it by the end of next month. We already new exactly where we wanted to move to as we'd been here staying with friends a couple of years ago & liked the area although I know it's not to every ones taste. Before we moved here I did a lot of reading on the area & the local school & spoke to friends here who I knew would give me honest opinions. We wish now that we'd shipped more of our stuff rather than down sizing & we really wish we'd kept our electric radiator & fan heater, couldn't believe how cold it was a night the first 2 weeks. I kept reading about how expensive kids clothes were here so stocked up well in sizes to last them for the next year or so only to find the prices aren't as bad as I'd expected. Some things seem really expensive, cars for example, but a lot of stuff is much of a muchness I think.

The mobile phone tariffs have completely baffled us especially as we want to be able to call the UK fairly often. We've now bought a separate phone & Lebara (not sure on spelling) sim card which only costs us 5c a minute to call a UK landline so with that & skype we're a bit happier.

I think the one major thing we'd have looked in to more before getting here was the work licenses for hubby. He part qualified as an electrician just prior to us leaving the UK & wanted to complete the training here but can't for now because of the type of visa we're on. We're now trying to sort out which license he needs for certain areas of work.

And lastly I think we watched way to many programs about Aussie wild life It's good to have a knowledge but I now have a 5 & 4 year old who are convinced we'll get snakes in the house & are absolutely petrified of any creepy crawly. Not such a bad thing really as it means they won't touch anything but it's causing hysterics from them if the see anything. Although they were both fascinated today by the dead red back that hubby found in the garage/carport yesterday

Sorry waffled on a bit but you did ask

Alison x
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by al150n
We've been here north of Perth for just 3 weeks so all very new & raw to us. Not quite sure what hints or tips you're looking for but ask & I can give you my opinion if you like but it will only be 'my opinion' if you get what I mean.

In the 3 weeks we've been here we've bought a car, moved in to our rental & our daughter has started school. We're just waiting on our stuff to arrive now, fingers crossed we should have it by the end of next month. We already new exactly where we wanted to move to as we'd been here staying with friends a couple of years ago & liked the area although I know it's not to every ones taste. Before we moved here I did a lot of reading on the area & the local school & spoke to friends here who I knew would give me honest opinions. We wish now that we'd shipped more of our stuff rather than down sizing & we really wish we'd kept our electric radiator & fan heater, couldn't believe how cold it was a night the first 2 weeks. I kept reading about how expensive kids clothes were here so stocked up well in sizes to last them for the next year or so only to find the prices aren't as bad as I'd expected. Some things seem really expensive, cars for example, but a lot of stuff is much of a muchness I think.

The mobile phone tariffs have completely baffled us especially as we want to be able to call the UK fairly often. We've now bought a separate phone & Lebara (not sure on spelling) sim card which only costs us 5c a minute to call a UK landline so with that & skype we're a bit happier.

I think the one major thing we'd have looked in to more before getting here was the work licenses for hubby. He part qualified as an electrician just prior to us leaving the UK & wanted to complete the training here but can't for now because of the type of visa we're on. We're now trying to sort out which license he needs for certain areas of work.

And lastly I think we watched way to many programs about Aussie wild life It's good to have a knowledge but I now have a 5 & 4 year old who are convinced we'll get snakes in the house & are absolutely petrified of any creepy crawly. Not such a bad thing really as it means they won't touch anything but it's causing hysterics from them if the see anything. Although they were both fascinated today by the dead red back that hubby found in the garage/carport yesterday

Sorry waffled on a bit but you did ask

Alison x
Thanks!!
U haven't waffled at all. We hope to stay with friends in Hammond Park. They have been there for a couple of years now and have said we can learn from their mistakes. Any info is welcome as we nervous but excited at the same time. Cant wait to get there...we arent daft we know its the same old sh.t just a shinier bucket. Cant wait for the sunshine and barbies.