Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Personal Effects Query

Personal Effects Query

Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice
Default Personal Effects Query

We have the benefit of a having a sole use container which is not 100% full and we are wondering whether we can use this space to export new goods such as 12 Box's of Pampers Nappies (!).

Are we likely to get hit for duty charges on these items even though they are considered as consumables ?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal Effects Query

Fill it up with cadburys chocolate, dry roast peanuts and english crisps... Youd make a killing!!!!!!

Dont think they'd bover with a few boxes of nappies.... Unless they're loaded with cocaine... Then you might have an issue....
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Thanks...Can you ship food ? lol
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well some one does... Other wise we wouldnt get birds custard powder... But you probably have to have a license....
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:07 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colonel
Thanks...Can you ship food ? lol
I would go on the AQIS page and see what food is allowed into Australia first. They are VERY strict over here on importing food, and even if something is in the shops here it will be confiscated by AQIS and that will hold up your shipment.

Example of a very small nature.

I sent my excess bag by post from Manchester airport to Sydney, it was supposed to take about a week, it took 3 weeks because I had forgotten there was a packet of Yorkshire pudding mix in there and it was held up by AQIS, the very same kind of mix you can get on the shelves in the supermarket here BTW.

There was a note in there saying they would destroy it or I could pay to have it sent back to the UK for about $50.00 (egg product).

Can you afford to have your container held up?

p.s. If you are bringing crisps bring Smoky Bacon and some Quavers.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I would go on the AQIS page and see what food is allowed into Australia first. They are VERY strict over here on importing food, and even if something is in the shops here it will be confiscated by AQIS and that will hold up your shipment.

Example of a very small nature.

I sent my excess bag by post from Manchester airport to Sydney, it was supposed to take about a week, it took 3 weeks because I had forgotten there was a packet of Yorkshire pudding mix in there and it was held up by AQIS, the very same kind of mix you can get on the shelves in the supermarket here BTW.

There was a note in there saying they would destroy it or I could pay to have it sent back to the UK for about $50.00 (egg product).

Damn, I was going to suggest scotch pies, plain bread, haggis

Can you afford to have your container held up?

p.s. If you are bringing crisps bring Smoky Bacon and some Quavers.
Damn, I was going to suggest scotch pies, plain bread and haggis.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Hire the space out, make a bit of money on your move. If you do take the nappies I'll buy some when we're there lol
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shellyj
Hire the space out, make a bit of money on your move. If you do take the nappies I'll buy some when we're there lol
Good idea, when are you looking at moving Colonel?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hahaha...I think the removalists would have something to say about the nappy supplies considering they have priced on a specific volume !

We will take approx. 4 months supply of baby essentials

Any other requests by PM !