Permy Res. In and Out!

Permy Res. In and Out!

Old May 22nd 2002, 9:02 am
ian
Ping Pom

ian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permy Res. In and Out!

Hi all
I have a permanent residency visa, along with my family, where I am the main applicant.

Next month I plan to go to Aus for a couple of weeks alone to look at suburbs to live and also to try and check out the job situation.

Then we all plan to go in September.

Is this ok, or will my visa become invalid or something?

I presume it is ok, and know that the trip will not count as visa validation as the rest of my family will not be going.

many thanks
ian
Old May 22nd 2002, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Permy Res. In and Out!

Hi there

I think (and experts please correct me if I'm wrong) that it DOES count as your visa validation, but your families won't be validated until they arrive.

love sophia x
Old May 22nd 2002, 10:50 am
ian
Ping Pom

Hi sophia
Thanks for the reply.

I thought that all members on the application had enter the country after the main applicant, and the visa was not validated until all members were in.

Not sure now! My main concern though is that I am ok to travel in and out and then back in again with no consequences on my visa.

I think that if I were to get a holiday visa then my PR one would become invalid (only one visa valid and the last one is it!), and I don't fancy filling all those forms out again!!!

ian
Old May 22nd 2002, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Ian

DON'T get a holiday visa, it will invalidate your PR visa (I think)..all that will happen is that you will validate your PR visa upon arrival in OZ, but you then have 5 years (is that right?) to make your permanent entry.

It'll be alright!!!

love sophia x
Old May 22nd 2002, 7:08 pm
ndaltonb

Hi Ian,

From what I've been told, this sounds fine. You are doing OK.

You will validate your visa next month and then when you go back with family in September, the rest of the family then validates their visas and you will then be considered imigrated (assuming it's a one-way ticket in September).

Nigel db

Originally posted by ian
Hi all
I have a permanent residency visa, along with my family, where I am the main applicant.

Next month I plan to go to Aus for a couple of weeks alone to look at suburbs to live and also to try and check out the job situation.

Then we all plan to go in September.

Is this ok, or will my visa become invalid or something?

I presume it is ok, and know that the trip will not count as visa validation as the rest of my family will not be going.

many thanks
ian

Old May 23rd 2002, 8:23 am
ian
Ping Pom

Great...thanks to you all.

It certainly WILL be a one way!!!
Old May 23rd 2002, 1:20 pm
Jaj

>On 22 May 2002 14:20:20 GMT, ian <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi sophia Thanks for the reply.
    >
    >I thought that all members on the application had enter the country after the main
    >applicant,

After the main applicant, but before the first entry date.

>and the visa was not validated until all members were in.

Not quite. Suppose you validate and the rest of your family don't validate. Your visa
remains valid, theirs will not be of any use. You would have to sponsor them via the
Family Stream to get into Australia, with a whole new set of application fees etc.

>
    >Not sure now! My main concern though is that I am ok to travel in and out and then
    >back in again with no consequences on my visa.

You're ok as long as you validate before first entry date. Your family must all
validate before the first entry date as well. The first entry date is not flexible.

>
    >I think that if I were to get a holiday visa then my PR one would become invalid
    >(only one visa valid and the last one is it!), and I don't fancy filling all those
    >forms out again!!!

Quite right. Don't even think about getting a holiday visa, or even an ETA, unless
you want to lose your PR visa.

Regards

Jeremy