Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Permission to take child to Oz

Permission to take child to Oz

Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Permission to take child to Oz

Hi,

My partner and I are thinking of going to Oz on a 457 visa, shes a Nurse. Her daughter from a previous marriage would be coming also... Would we need a court order or a stat declaration from the ex to get permission?? or would that only be needed if we were going for permanent residency... The ex would never comply anyway....and would stir up a big hornets nest...

Nigel
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:49 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permission to take child to Oz

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi,

My partner and I are thinking of going to Oz on a 457 visa, shes a Nurse. Her daughter from a previous marriage would be coming also... Would we need a court order or a stat declaration from the ex to get permission?? or would that only be needed if we were going for permanent residency... The ex would never comply anyway....and would stir up a big hornets nest...

Nigel

Welcome to the forum, Looe what a lovely place crab fishing off the harbour.

If you go through some of the threads from yesterday you will find this subject was raised then, we went through it we got a stat dec from my mrs ex but we also got a court order which removed his PR and gave it to me thus enabling us to remove the kids an change the surnames etc etc.

My good lady might be on later she will be able to tell you alot more.

Good luck.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:52 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Nigel
Hello Nigel

How old is she and does she have regular contact with him?

I have been through the whole process myself and their are lots of people who have gone through this too. It might helpful to search the forum on this subject. It will give you idea how it all works.

Good luck
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks for your quick replies. Yes Looe is nice, but wet... hence this..

Daughter is 10 years old, and no, no contact with father

Nig
Old Feb 1st 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Phil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!

we went through it we got a stat dec from my mrs ex but we also got a court order which removed his PR and gave it to me thus enabling us to remove the kids an change the surnames etc etc.

Good luck.
Hi.. we will have to go through this too, was it easy enough to do ? My daughter has not seen her biological dad for about 7 years - through her own choice, she is now 14.. She already uses her Dads ( step) name but this hasn't been done officially... Would appreciate the advice

Thanks Michele
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

In your situation I wouldn't even think about a 457 visa. Go to Australia on a permanent visa, then you won't have to prove the same thing again a few years down the line.

If you want to bring child to Australia, and if former husband (if they were married) won't consent, then find yourself a good family law solicitor to discuss what court action you will need to take to remove child permanently from UK.

Make sure you're otherwise fully qualified to migrate in the first place.