Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Permanent and Unconditional

Wikiposts

Permanent and Unconditional

Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:23 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Permanent and Unconditional

Hallo everyone!
I've finally worked the nerve to post after avidly reading for a few months. Shall I introduce myself?
I am a 29 yr old single mom from Canada (hoping this makes no difference as this is the only Oz immigration forum I found that makes any sense) and I've applied for my migration visa (fiance status) in December of 2003.

Two weeks ago I received a request for more info (mostly general stuff) that included a request for a seperate court order allowing me to bring my children to Oz with me.
I thought that the judgment I had provided was pretty clear on that, but I was informed that the judgment must contain the words PERMANENT and UNCONDITIONAL in order to be recognised by the Oz High Commisssion.

Apparently I am only the second woman in Canada to get a Superior court decision allowing immigration with dependant children to Australia.

I am curious to know if this is common knowlege in the U.K. or is my circumstance just so unusual that this rarely comes up?

I managed to get the change needed by a stroke of incredible luck (and a very kind and patient judge) but in the process, I opened up an opportunity for the children's father to cause more problems and delays.

I realize this is more legal and I may be asking it in the wrong place but I'd appreciate any input if you've got it.

If I already have all rights to move, including my visa but am still in Canada, can a new motion to change custody (by my ex) keep me from leaving?
Meaning, do I have to remain in Canada to fight it (show up in court) or can I still move as planned and deal with it from Australia?

Many thanks in advance,
Siren