peppermintGrove Beach, WA

peppermintGrove Beach, WA

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:24 am
lbw
Just Joined

lbw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default peppermintGrove Beach, WA

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Peppermint Grove Beach in the South West?

We are thinking of moving there and need some advice on schools Bunbury or Busselton?

Can anyone tell me why there is no caravan park there anymore?

Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: peppermintGrove Beach, WA

Peppie Beach is lovely with beautiful unspoilt beaches and a small close knit community. The nearest township is Capel, about 10 minutes drive inland, then Bunbury and Busselton 20 minutes away either side.
Apart from Capel Primary, you have public and private schools in nearby Dalyellup, Gelorup and Busselton. If your children are into sport though, be prepared to spend a fair bit of time in the car.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:10 pm
lbw
Just Joined

Hi there

Thanks for that, my kids are very sporty, so already permanent taxi but am preparing to travel more!!!

Do you live in the area?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

We plan to. Have had a block of land by the beach there for many years - just not got around to building on it yet! There are many families who move out there and never leave as it is such a peaceful, laid-back lifestyle. They surf and fish and have 'Sun-downers' together. Idyllic if you don't mind the commute.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 7:44 am
lbw
Just Joined

Sounds good, I've been told the mozzies and midgies are pretty bad, do you find them a problem?

Can you tell me anything about the caravan park there?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

The mozzies are seasonal really but can be quite thick due to the flat farming and wetlands that are inland of the dunes. They are also attracted by the Peppermint trees. Mozzie coils and citronella candles, among other things, are definitely a requirement.
The caravan park and shop were bought by a developer who wanted to build a resort there. The community rallied together and fought it off so the developer spitefully closed the park and the shop. Since then, nothing has happened and I imagine the economic downturn means that nothing will in the near future. It is a shame to have lost another caravan park and the local shop but there are a number of houses there for rent and Capel is very close and convenient. You will find quite a few houses for sale and they are priced well below those in Perth.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:03 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lbw
Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Peppermint Grove Beach in the South West?

We are thinking of moving there and need some advice on schools Bunbury or Busselton?

Can anyone tell me why there is no caravan park there anymore?

Cheers
Sounds nice!......
Bit cheaper I'm guessing than Peppermint Grove (Perth)..... Average house price $2.2 Million!

Good luck with the move.