Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pep talk, please!

Pep talk, please!

Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:12 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pep talk, please!

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i had this chat a while back and it was easier than i thought, my mother was brilliant about it and is making plans to come visit us in a year or two once we are settled, good luck bundy.

Thanks WBB. The thing I hold onto is that my mum has always said that I have never seemed happier or healthier than I was in Oz. As they want the best for me, the want me to be where I am happier. I think they are more concerned about losing the family mediator! We're all very different, and I usually end up being the gobetween in any (minor) family upsets...
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:16 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
I think you're right. I'm feeling better already. My parents are still a big part of my life too, although I see them less often that I used to because they live in Jersey (one of the Channel Islands) I only see them 3, maybe 4 times a year.
Well, I wasn't sure bout my post being helpful!!
But now with hearing you only see them that little, you will be fine! I'm totally convinced now!
(not about my own situation though, but I don't really care, I'll take each day as it comes)

Now I don't even need to wish you luck!

(oh, I really have to do some work! This morning I got most of my evaluation from my mentor (?) here (I'm on work experience) and it was all very positive, but I still gotta do some work!
Can't believe I've gotten away with being on here so much and still getting heaps of compliments. I'm a bit ashamed, though I have done all the work I was suppossed to do, I could've done more if not on here. )
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:18 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
Well, I wasn't sure bout my post being helpful!!
But now with hearing you only see them that little, you will be fine! I'm totally convinced now!
(not about my own situation though, but I don't really care, I'll take each day as it comes)

Now I don't even need to wish you luck!

(oh, I really have to do some work! This morning I got most of my evaluation from my mentor (?) here (I'm on work experience) and it was all very positive, but I still gotta do some work!
Can't believe I've gotten away with being on here so much and still getting heaps of compliments. I'm a bit ashamed, though I have done all the work I was suppossed to do, I could've done more if not on here. )
Just the small matter of the visa now!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:30 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Sure everything will be just great Bundy.

Thats the part I am not looking forward to at all.
We are a real close family all in or around the Eastwood area.
My sister moved to Underwood (15 mins drive from Eastwood) and it was like moving to the other side of the world if you know what I mean.

Sure the whole family will be great when I tell them they seem very happy I have found someone I love. Just happens she lives quite a distance away.

TT

Just the small matter of the visa now!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Sure everything will be just great Bundy.

Thats the part I am not looking forward to at all.
We are a real close family all in or around the Eastwood area.
My sister moved to Underwood (15 mins drive from Eastwood) and it was like moving to the other side of the world if you know what I mean.

Sure the whole family will be great when I tell them they seem very happy I have found someone I love. Just happens she lives quite a distance away.

TT
We're a close family, but we all live miles apart (Cambridge, Bournemouth, Hampshire, Jersey, Spain, Jordan...) so we're used to not being able to see each other regularly, which is why I think we'll all cope well with it.

My parents adore Mr Bundy (more than they adore me, I sometimes thing!) so they're going to miss him too.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bundy,
It sounds like your familys priority is your happiness, I'm sure they're expecting the news,
Good luck with it!
Michaela
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:56 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by mcmercer
Bundy,
It sounds like your familys priority is your happiness, I'm sure they're expecting the news,
Good luck with it!
Michaela
Hope so. I'm still expecting tears though. I won't be online again until Monday, so you'll all just have to wait until then to find out what happens!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Have a good weekend Bundy...i'll be thinking of you
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:01 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by podgypossum
Have a good weekend Bundy...i'll be thinking of you
Thanks PP. I'm sure it will be fine! If there's a trauma, I'll march to the nearest internet cafe and log on for moral support. I think it's unlikely though, fingers firmly crossed
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good luck Bundy, I know how you feel. I only just introduced the "vague idea" to my dad at Xmas. My mum still thinks the validation trip in March is another holiday to Sydney !

Will have to cross the same bridge when we get back as we want to go in September :scared:
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by sjn2003
Good luck Bundy, I know how you feel. I only just introduced the "vague idea" to my dad at Xmas. My mum still thinks the validation trip in March is another holiday to Sydney !

Will have to cross the same bridge when we get back as we want to go in September :scared:
My lot have known about the 'vague idea' for four years now, so it shouldn't be a surprise to them...it's just something my dad said at Christmas when Mr Bundy mentioned going home and my dad said 'yes, but not yet, surely'. Awkward silence, subject changed
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

My lot have known about the 'vague idea' for four years now, so it shouldn't be a surprise to them...it's just something my dad said at Christmas when Mr Bundy mentioned going home and my dad said 'yes, but not yet, surely'. Awkward silence, subject changed
We took our 6 mth son (their 1st grandchild) up at Xmas. As we left, my dad said him being there had made their Xmas....same awkward silence and much looking at shoes !
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

We took our 6 mth son (their 1st grandchild) up at Xmas. As we left, my dad said him being there had made their Xmas....same awkward silence and much looking at shoes !
Why do we do these things to ourselves?!

One of the reasons we want to get to Oz before kids is so that there is no element of 'taking them away'. OK, so we'll be on the other side of the globe, but they should be used to the idea by then.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why do we do these things to ourselves?!

One of the reasons we want to get to Oz before kids is so that there is no element of 'taking them away'. OK, so we'll be on the other side of the globe, but they should be used to the idea by then.
As luck would have it, my sister is due with no. 2 grandchild whilst we are in Oz in March, so I am hoping that may just ease me off that guilty hook a little.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

As luck would have it, my sister is due with no. 2 grandchild whilst we are in Oz in March, so I am hoping that may just ease me off that guilty hook a little.
Well done, good planning! My brother's getting married just before we hope to leave, so that should take the full beam of the parental spotlight off me for a while!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.