pensions

Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Default pensions

I already pay UK tax on a monthly pension. If I moved to Oz, would I be taxed again? Thanks in advance
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

yakka and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pensions

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
I already pay UK tax on a monthly pension. If I moved to Oz, would I be taxed again? Thanks in advance

Croc,

I too will be receiving a pension when i move out there in 2011. I beleive the commonwealth has an agreement not to tax you further as the pension is taxed at source. More money for Gordon Brown and his troop of clowns.

regards

Yakka
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:19 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on your Australian visa.

If a permanent visa the pension income will be wholly taxable in Australia, and a NT (No Tax) PAYE Coding should be applied to the UK pension after you have moved to Australia and completed the relevant HM Revenue forms (FD2 and P85).

Best regards.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

I don't have a UK pension and I've been told by two UK IFAs that I can't set one up from Oz because....we are ineligible (presumably because we don't pay UK tax) and they can only transact business in the UK.

Has anyone else started up a UK pension from Oz or taken an alternative route to saving towards a pension?