Pension Advice

Old May 16th 2008, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all
Default Pension Advice

Hi
Am leaving Uk Armed Forces, I will have a pension (monthly) and a lump sum. How will i be able to manage this in Oz? Can I have monthly pension paid into Oz account?

Thanks in advance for any help

Big Bear
Old May 16th 2008, 11:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pension Advice

I have my pension paid into OzForex's Barclays account and they transfer it in $$ to my Australian bank account.
Old May 16th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

OK

do you then get taxed on it?
Old May 16th 2008, 11:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously not in the UK. It forms my Australian income and is taxed here.
Old May 16th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Ok , the only reason I ask is that I will be medically discharged, where my pension is tax free! It looks like I will have to look into a bit more then

Cheers
Old May 16th 2008, 11:29 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by LUNANBAY
Ok , the only reason I ask is that I will be medically discharged, where my pension is tax free! It looks like I will have to look into a bit more then

Cheers
Whatever the tax regime of an income is in the UK has no relationship to its regime in Oz.

If it is income it will be taxed here unless you can find some reciprocal or local agreement.