Penpals for teenagers?

Wikiposts

Penpals for teenagers?

Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Penpals for teenagers?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any websites/forums etc where my 14 year old son can chat to or email other lads (just one will do!) before we move out to Perth?

It would be great for him to have a friend or two 'ready made' when we finally get there.

I'm sure there must be other threads on such a topic but a quick search didnt bring much up so any info would be much appreciated!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Re: Penpals for teenagers?

Why not get websites of the local schools where you are going and contact them ? That way you are fairly sure he will be talking to children around his own age ?

Just a thought.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by eintracht
Why not get websites of the local schools where you are going and contact them ? That way you are fairly sure he will be talking to children around his own age ?

Just a thought.
Yes, good idea. My daughter is emailing girls from her new school in Brissie...she is so excited about meeting them and vice versa. Making the whole process much easier for us as she can't wait to go.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We are heading for the Perth area, hopefully around September of this year, pending house sale.
(If any of you know anyone that wants to move to the south coast then i`m your girl!!)

Anyway I have a 13 year old and a 16 year old. Both boys.

Feel free to email them, however they are not THAT chatty on the PC, but are willing to help out
Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sj oldfield
We are heading for the Perth area, hopefully around September of this year, pending house sale.
(If any of you know anyone that wants to move to the south coast then i`m your girl!!)

Anyway I have a 13 year old and a 16 year old. Both boys.

Feel free to email them, however they are not THAT chatty on the PC, but are willing to help out
Unfortunately, the High School we intend to send him to doesn't have a website (i don't know what that says about the school....) but I will email them for some info..thanks.

sj oldfield, thanks for the offer. My son is not chatty either and is quite slow at the whole writing thing but we parents must do what we can to curb the whole teenage 'i'm bored', 'it's not fair' kevin type attitude!! I will pm you his email address if that is OK.

Anyone else out there with teenagers in or going to Perth, let me know if they (you) want a penpal.

Cheers
Kirsten
Old Jun 18th 2004, 5:51 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by kirsten
Unfortunately, the High School we intend to send him to doesn't have a website (i don't know what that says about the school....) but I will email them for some info..thanks.

sj oldfield, thanks for the offer. My son is not chatty either and is quite slow at the whole writing thing but we parents must do what we can to curb the whole teenage 'i'm bored', 'it's not fair' kevin type attitude!! I will pm you his email address if that is OK.

Anyone else out there with teenagers in or going to Perth, let me know if they (you) want a penpal.

Cheers
Kirsten

Hi Kirsten and SJ Oldfield

We are hoping to go out to Perth 2005 sometime, visa depending.

We have 2 boys Oli (14yr old) and Mat (16yr old) 17 in Aug .

Please feel free to PM me with e mails address, can't promise too much conversation from them but you never know.

Regards

Julia
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

We too have 2 boys 14 and 16 (17 in August) and are hoping to be in Perth by November. We are heading to Mandurah area but know nothing about the schools around there.

You could PM me your sons e mail address but as with the others can't prominse anything but will try.

Julia what is your 16 year old going to do?

Lindsey
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone on this thread, we are going to Perth in August (again pending house sale), we have four kids a girl Maddison 10, and three boys, Connor 12, Will 15 and Ben 16 (also 17 in August). So we pretty much cover the teenage age range
Anyone want to PM me with their e-mail addresses with the age of their young-un and I'm sure one of my brood will make contact.
I'm always having to fight the older two for who has a shot on the computer as they are both MSN Messenger mad!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:49 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

[
Julia what is your 16 year old going to do?

Lindsey [/QUOTE]

Hi Lindsey

Do you mean Work/Education wise

He is currently training to be a Wall & Floor tiler, he has an apprenticeship with his dad and the CITB. We are hoping he will carry this on when we get out there, hopefully may be able to set up a similar scheme over there.

We will see.

Regards

Julia
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies so far. I have PM'd you all with my son's email address. So, here's hoping for some new friendships!!!

When I told my son what I had done, he did say he would also be happy to hear from girls too...

Cheers

Kirsten
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:50 pm
maggy

Default pen pals

Hi Kirstin

We moved to perth 3 weeks ago and I have a 14 year old son who once again is not very chatty but i am sure he will try to help as much as possible.

We live in Duncraig and Michael started school at Greenwood Senior High yesterday and he is already making friends.

Your son is welcome to ask him questions

[email protected]

good luck

mags

Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: pen pals

Hi

My boys are 14, 15 (16 in August) we live in Port Kennedy, know what you mean about the chatty bit, but if anyones interested i will tie them to the computer to reply.

just send me a PM

Yve
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

nike16 is an unknown quantity at this point

im 16 recently moved to perth,dont realy no enyone.
email me or chat (msn messenger) [email protected]
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gryff
Yes, good idea. My daughter is emailing girls from her new school in Brissie...she is so excited about meeting them and vice versa. Making the whole process much easier for us as she can't wait to go.

Hi Gryff. Hopefully we are all moving out to Manly later on this year.(Just waiting for the Visas to come through) and I have a daughter who would like to have a penpal over in Australia, especially the Manly area. It would really be nice for her as she has not been to Australia and needs her questions answering and to have a familiar person when we do get there. If your daughter is interested in a new penpal could you please contact me.

Thank You.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

We are moving to Perth Northern suburbs in Sep. 05. I have three children two girls 10 & 16 boy 4. Does anybody else out there have any girls ? It seems to be only boys at the moment. If you have girls that age and they are interested in contacting my girls PM me please.