Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PB woe is this frorum now

PB woe is this frorum now

Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vee
I hope that you will provide them with at least a Factor 15 sunblock...Health & Safety in the workplace and all that.

Australia DOES have H&S regulations doesn't it?

I'm a secretary and my hubby is in IT...can we get on your books? If we don't like sitting on your roof can we go to someone else's? If we decide that we don't want to be in those professions any longer can we leave your agency? Will we we get holiday and sick pay? What is the maternity pay like? Oh yeah - and what are the hours of work like?

V

You are making inroads into my profits with your nanny state worries here, Vee. My company is for those with the right attitude, not Cockneys and Canadians banging on about "rights" this and "human decency" that. I call them whingers and that seems to cover most eventualities, especially when it comes to the end of the week and they see the wages.

With your valuable experience in the white collar world, you and your husband are just the sort of people I am looking for. You will not necessarily be able to "work" together though, because I don't want to encourage chatting when the sun is highest and there is pedalling to be done. We are not running a charity here you know.

The roof issue: you keep using this word "choice". I am not familiar with it in the context of Oz employment, so find it hard to answer. Is it like the word "whinge"?

In my company, as with all progressive Ozzie companies, you will be showered with opportunities. Of course we do not use the word opportunity in quite the same way as the rest of the world. Here in paradise, "Oppa tuna tee" is an old Abo term which roughly translates as "You want the cleaning job or not?"
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:19 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
What Australian contingent? Me?

As I recall, aren't you of Scottish extraction? I was referring to people living in Australia, I don't have much truck with defining people based on which national borders they were born within.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:24 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bryank
Dream on. The majority of people voted for Wilf to be banned.

Well he seems to have generated a lot of positive responses from his proposed departure and subsequent return from those in Oz as well as those in the UK. How do you think people would repond to your departure - "Bryan Who?"
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:23 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bryank
Dream on. The majority of people voted for Wilf to be banned.

So you think Majority is always right do you??
Try telling that to the minorities of Aus (Caucasian 92%, Asian 7%, aboriginal and other 1%)

or , do you think English people should only have the vote because English are 81.5% population of the UK ... whilst , Scottish 9.6%, Irish 2.4%, West Indian, Indian, Pakistani, and other 2.8% ,Welsh 1.9%, Ulster 1.8%

The majority of users in this forum are not in Australia.

Majority is not always right
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri

The majority of users in this forum are not in Australia.
But is Wilf I've got my doubts as he dosn't produce any local knowlegde just generalizations.

Everytime someone asks him about his location he just trots out one lame excuse after another.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:34 am
Karma Comedian

Well he's posting in Aus daylight hours so he can't be far away (unless he's nightwatcman at Sainsbury's). Don't think he needs to justify his location, his posts are interesting nonetheless and he helps create traffic.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 3:37 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
But is Wilf I've got my doubts as he dosn't produce any local knowlegde just generalizations.

Everytime someone asks him about his location he just trots out one lame excuse after another.

Even if he isn't here... he's pretty entertaining though. have a look at the view numbers (949) so far.

I don't see why anybody should be pushed out of a forum... unless they are using really abusive, foul or racist language.

Everybody is entitled to their own views.. I thought we were living in a "free speech" country.

cheers
Old Aug 29th 2003, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

I do not trot out one lame excuse after another, Paul. It is always the same lame excuse: I do not post personal details because I think they would be used against me and used to rubbish my posts even if they have merit. If someone thinks I have nothing of interest to say they can ignore me can they not?

I was posting to whisky this morning and told her what I used to do for a living (which I do not consider too personal) and asked her what she and her husband do but she did not want to say. I did not assume then that they were both unemployed and had never worked, but just that she did not want to say.

It is like Richard's thread asking for photos. I am not going to put my picture up either, but that does not mean I have no face. It is just because I am wearing no clothes and this is a family site.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Wilf
I do not trot out one lame excuse after another, Paul. It is always the same lame excuse: I do not post personal details because I think they would be used against me and used to rubbish my posts even if they have merit. If someone thinks I have nothing of interest to say they can ignore me can they not?

I was posting to whisky this morning and told her what I used to do for a living (which I do not consider too personal) and asked her what she and her husband do but she did not want to say. I did not assume then that they were both unemployed and had never worked, but just that she did not want to say.

It is like Richard's thread asking for photos. I am not going to put my picture up either, but that does not mean I have no face. It is just because I am wearing no clothes and this is a family site.
I cannot imagine declareing where your living would open you up to any more abuse than you are now experienceing. We are NOT asking for your full postal address just where in Australia you are so we can get a perspective of your day to day experience.

That way you could help people who are planning to move to that area with inside info. But because you won't give it I have to assume you are a troll just winding people up with info you've picked up from here and their.

Some of these people seem to be taking your statements as gospel ( agreed you do make some good points) baseing their plans on what you are saying.

PB obviously disliked Australia but I have no doubt he live in Perth as he claimed. You claim to have lived most of your life in Australia but hate it, but love Blighty. I've then got to ask myself WHY would someone stay in Australia (a country they so dislike) when they could just return to UK.

You have too many inconsistencies to be credable to me, and I think you are a Troll and flame artist.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I cannot imagine declareing where your living would open you up to any more abuse than you are now experienceing. We are NOT asking for your full postal address just where in Australia you are so we can get a perspective of your day to day experience.

That way you could help people who are planning to move to that area with inside info. But because you won't give it I have to assume you are a troll just winding people up with info you've picked up from here and their.

Some of these people seem to be taking your statements as gospel ( agreed you do make some good points) baseing their plans on what you are saying.

PB obviously disliked Australia but I have no doubt he live in Perth as he claimed. You claim to have lived most of your life in Australia but hate it, but love Blighty. I've then got to ask myself WHY would someone stay in Australia (a country they so dislike) when they could just return to UK.

You have too many inconsistencies to be credable to me, and I think you are a Troll and flame artist.

I don't hate Oz, Paul. I just do not think it is the country that it used to be and do not think that it is as good a place to live in as the UK (I am not completely ignorant of life in the modern UK). I have lived here for a long time and have not always felt this way, but Oz has changed a lot over the years and I would not recommend it for people any more. It is not the place poms are led to believe, and I am happy to be a voice saying that to people so that they think before they make such an important and expensive move here. You are a single bloke with no ties and so to move back and forth is a lot easier for you than me and my wife. You are also much younger and you will see as you age that you get stuck with things, even if you are not happy with them.

I am not bothered by abuse, as such, although I admit I got a bit fed up recently (perhaps I asked for it), and don't know what you mean by "inconsistencies", but I do not want people to say "What would you know about Perth when you live in Sydney?" or some such comment. I have been involved in discussions recently with the future kiwis about NZ and have spent much time in NZ over the years (and given it is not where I personally live, I even said the suburbs I know well). I was still told that I know nothing about NZ either, so I hardly believe the people who do not like what I say about Oz would start to give me a hearing just because I have given away some more personal information.

Wilf
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:25 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
You are making inroads into my profits with your nanny state worries here, Vee. My company is for those with the right attitude, not Cockneys and Canadians banging on about "rights" this and "human decency" that. I call them whingers and that seems to cover most eventualities, especially when it comes to the end of the week and they see the wages.

With your valuable experience in the white collar world, you and your husband are just the sort of people I am looking for. You will not necessarily be able to "work" together though, because I don't want to encourage chatting when the sun is highest and there is pedalling to be done. We are not running a charity here you know.

The roof issue: you keep using this word "choice". I am not familiar with it in the context of Oz employment, so find it hard to answer. Is it like the word "whinge"?

In my company, as with all progressive Ozzie companies, you will be showered with opportunities. Of course we do not use the word opportunity in quite the same way as the rest of the world. Here in paradise, "Oppa tuna tee" is an old Abo term which roughly translates as "You want the cleaning job or not?"
Don't worry - husband & I don't chat, we are married, we only argue! This could work in your favour though - we will produce more energy.

Well, if you can't offer me the things I want then I don't want to work in yer stinking company. I may be a (soon to be) immigrant but I want the working conditions that I am use to here in the UK...what do you think I am ~ some sort of 3rd class citizen? The only reason I was going to do it was for the great sun tan I was going to get and any sort of benefits that I can wrangle. Ceri said that that Australia had sun, sun and more sun and this is all I want when I get there. I don't actually want to have to work hard for a living.

Pffff...forget it Wilf. You are not the type of employer I am looking for. I'm sure I can pick and choose where I want to work and I don't really want to be on your books.

PS - by the way I'm glad you are back. As you know, I have found some of your comments funny (!). I don't necessarily always understand them tho!!!
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:40 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it matters really exactly where Wilf lives. He gives general comments about Australia in general, which is probably what most people want to hear about anyways. There are enough people on this forum who can tell people what live is like in certain 'burbs or areas of Oz. Wilf tells people what it is generally like to live in Australia - work conditions, pay, holidays, health etc. I personally find that more important/interesting than what type of shops Mandurah has (for instance).

I don't think that Wilf is a troll. Why would he do it? What would he gain from telling people not to go to Australia? Unless of course he is really Tony Blair and doesn't want to see so many people leave the UK because then there wouldn't be enough people to pay taxes for NHS, pensions, endless road works etc. Maybe that's it! Maybe Wilf is really Tone. Come on Wilf, own up!

V
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Much as i'm loathed to admit it, now you have stopped the personal insults Wilf, you do make me "lol" a lot. PB on the other hand was not only insulting but incredebly boring with his cut and paste drivel. Lets hope his puter got dropped overboard so he will be off line for a bit longer!
Old Aug 29th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Much as i'm loathed to admit it, now you have stopped the personal insults Wilf, you do make me "lol" a lot.
Well h......he did call me a prick the other day, and a few other nasties, but it made me 'lol' a lot too...and a few others no doubt..
Perhaps it's just me? Don't know why......sniff......heck, I even pressed the 'buddy' button...... & he still called me a prick!

Gra..
Old Aug 29th 2003, 6:10 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gra.B
Well h......he did call me a prick the other day, and a few other nasties, but it made me 'lol' a lot too...and a few others no doubt..
Perhaps it's just me? Don't know why......sniff......heck, I even pressed the 'buddy' button...... & he still called me a prick!

Gra..

Oh well, he hasn't insulted me for ages, hang on while i brace my:scared: Gra whats the buddy button? if you mean he's on your buddy list, you can't just make him like you ya know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.