Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pb help! where am i going wrong?

Wikiposts

pb help! where am i going wrong?

Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default pb help! where am i going wrong?

in a spot of bovver
trying to cook old fashioned tapioca pud just like they did in England long time ago when you were little-and the damn things getting out of control. I only put half the packet in -there were no cooking instructions, but i keep needing to add water and now theres so much it would feed a family of 5 for a month
How do I cook this stuff anyway?
Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: pb help! where am i going wrong?

Originally posted by Ruthyman
in a spot of bovver
trying to cook old fashioned tapioca pud just like they did in England long time ago when you were little-and the damn things getting out of control. I only put half the packet in -there were no cooking instructions, but i keep needing to add water and now theres so much it would feed a family of 5 for a month
How do I cook this stuff anyway?
OOps...try milk instead of water - half a packet - I think you only need about 50g!!

Try the link below!

http://www.hwatson.force9.co.uk/cook...lkpuddings.htm
Good Luck!!!!!

Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

oooh dear at least now I know why its called frogs eyes pudding
cheers for the link.
I i recall sitting at my mums kitchen table and reading the cookery books that belonged to her granny. Weird stuff like nursey puddings, charlottes, jellies with flowers in them, black pudding....
Look at aussie food and see how enriched it has become due to people migrating. Their are truffles grown in tassie, french style goats cheeses in the blue mountains, nsw....all of us bring something unique to Oz,
its a lovely thing to see.
Food is a great way to feel less homesick-ask any aussie and they will invariably have their jar of 'comfort' vegemite stashed somewhere.
What will you all bring?
Old Jul 21st 2003, 10:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The ability to braai (barbecue) properly. Aussies & poms are useless at it, have not got a clue. South Africans are the world master champions at it. All bow to the braai masters & see how it's done properly.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 10:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and we'll bring our boerwors (farmers sausage), better than anything that you can get in Australia, I won't even mention the UK ......
Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Some of my best mates are saffas so I wont argue that point.
Ive never had a real braai. Do you wrap stuff in leaves then?
Old Jul 21st 2003, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amazulu
Oh, and we'll bring our boerwors (farmers sausage), better than anything that you can get in Australia,
Best sausages we ever had were from the Polish butcher in the Adelaide central market.

Sashimi