Hello All ...

Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello All ...

Hi Guys - hope you are all okay.

Been off the board for a week and feel a lot less stressed for it! Think I wind myself up thinking about things.

Since speaking to AHC last Tuesday there is still no sign of the visa but I still have fingers crossed. Maybe tomorrow eh?

I have now finished work (Sunday being my last day). See this as a good thing because

a) Means I can get straight on the plane if its granted
b) I wanted a change anyway - retail kind of pulls you down if you are in a quiet location...

To ease my mind I have taken up reading! First book I read was Bill Bryson - Down Under. Very good and interesting too!

Now onto my second book - Band Of Brothers, incidentally not as interesting as 'Down Under' but a very strange look at how the paras in USA prepared themselves for war (as always they makew sure they sound great and the rest of us sound like a bunch of twats!)

Speak soon people - hopefully bearing good news

Anthony
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:30 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hello All ...

Hello to you both

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Hope you hear something soon.

Good luck

Mel
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:30 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hello All ...

Hello to you both

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Hope you hear something soon.

Good luck

Mel
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering how things were going on the visa front. You sound a little better than the other week. Enjoy your time off work and keep on chilling.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Default Cheers

Yeah - will continue to relax although I am sorting out the dog as she will be flying next Tuesday (29th)

She will stay in quarantine for 1 mth in Sydney and then go to Mother in Laws - she originally came from Oz so she is going home (feel rather jealous!)

I just worked out how to email case officer after many attempts at the address.

Hopefully I should hear tomorrow and then i can book my business class ticket with Qantas!

Anth
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Me too

I too have been reading lately, instead of waiting for this house to be sold, and wondering whether we are going to hear something.
Good luck to you both, hope you hear something this week.

Whisky
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Default Whisky

Perhaps we could start a reading club online ! (I will just go and fetch my coat - TAXI !!! )

ha ha ha ha ha (good old geordie humour!)

Anthony
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking about you this morning and wondered if you'd heard. I guess when you do, we will hear the cheers down here on the south coast!
Wish I could give up work now too - woman sitting next to me is getting increasingly obnoxious, and said to someone today thats its very inconvenient of me to be emigrating as she'll have to work with someone new, and she's going to laugh when I come back with my tail between my legs! There are some people I won't miss......!

Keep us posted Zoe & Anthony, you never know what tomorrows post may bring!
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fingers crossed for you! You never know you might be leaving with the dog if the visa arrives soon.

Best wishes

Tina
Old Jul 21st 2003, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Default Pollyanna

Cheers,

I am hopeful that postie may come bearing gifts for me! He even looks upset when he aint got it for me! think he is looking forward to seeing me go!!!!!

the fact that I dont work no more is strange but I think it has eased a lot of pressure as I was assistant manager in the store and put up with endless amounts of shit from my manager (who is emigrating to Cyprus!)

Obviously he doesnt care what he says because if they sack him it dont make a difference as he is retiring.

Will keep everyone posted as and when things develop

HOw often do case officers reply to emails (I sent a nice one!)

Also - anyone ever had Amy Higgs as a case officer?? What was she like in terms of speed?

Anth
Old Jul 21st 2003, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I cant say that it will be as quick for you, but when we finally emailed our case officer in the morning, we had a reply by email at about 5.0 clock that afternoon to say that we had the visas and that the passports were in the post. They came the following morning.
Don't know if that was just by chance that it happened that way. So don't get too worked up about it, if you don't here quickly.

Whisky
Old Jul 21st 2003, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, we had been waiting for about 8 or 9 weeks anyway

Whisky
Old Jul 21st 2003, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Default Email

I emailed at 4.30 ish so if I get a reply I doubt it will be until tomorrow evening.

Anth
Old Jul 21st 2003, 5:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Anthony,

I had Amy Higgs as a case officer - I've sent you a pm.........

Pollyana
Old Jul 21st 2003, 6:55 pm
J&K
Forum Regular

J&K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PM

Hi Anthony,

I've sent you a PM.

Hang in there, you'll get it soon!

J&K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.