Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

paying for skilled indi by credit card

Wikiposts

paying for skilled indi by credit card

Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:29 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default paying for skilled indi by credit card

Did you guys have to write an e.mail or letter stating that you are nominating them to take the $1795.00 for the application as well as giving them the card number..as this is what the lady on the phone said I hadnt done the other day..I have done so now (obviously) but they still havent took the dosh..It just seemed a bit odd to me...
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:55 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paying for skilled indi by credit card

Originally posted by peppi
Did you guys have to write an e.mail or letter stating that you are nominating them to take the $1795.00 for the application as well as giving them the card number..as this is what the lady on the phone said I hadnt done the other day..I have done so now (obviously) but they still havent took the dosh..It just seemed a bit odd to me...

Ive never known TRA or IMMI taking payments by credit card NEVER, i always thought it had to be a funds transfer into their bank acct from your bank acct inc transaction fees !
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:05 pm
I CU HACKN

keyurlavingia is an unknown quantity at this point

I did pay mine using a Credit Card. They surely do that. The problem I had was my credit card company put a hold on the authorization as it was coming from outside the country (I am in the US) and the amount was large. I did get a mail from ASPC due to that, saying my CC was declined and I had another 14 days to arrange for payment. I then talked to the CC company here and told them to authorize the charge on the CC. Wrote to ASPC asking them to try once more and it went through when they did.

I had included the CC info on my 47SK itself when I applied. Maybe what they are referring to is that you may have forgot to sign on the page where you provided the CC info on the application form to ASPC. Talk to your CC company first and tell them to expect a charge of the approximate amount in your currency and then tell ASPC to charge it to your CC.

Keyur.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

If you check out austimeline, shows you there buckets of people pay by credit card!
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

i paid by credit card ,but i just filled out the details on the visa application form.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

We just filled in the section on the form for payment details. The card (Mastercard) was charged without any queries.

Muzzman
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:13 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by bazfer
i paid by credit card ,but i just filled out the details on the visa application form.

Same here too........ around £708 at the time........

love Boomie
xx
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by keyurlavingia
I did pay mine using a Credit Card. They surely do that. The problem I had was my credit card company put a hold on the authorization as it was coming from outside the country (I am in the US) and the amount was large. I did get a mail from ASPC due to that, saying my CC was declined and I had another 14 days to arrange for payment. I then talked to the CC company here and told them to authorize the charge on the CC. Wrote to ASPC asking them to try once more and it went through when they did.

I had included the CC info on my 47SK itself when I applied. Maybe what they are referring to is that you may have forgot to sign on the page where you provided the CC info on the application form to ASPC. Talk to your CC company first and tell them to expect a charge of the approximate amount in your currency and then tell ASPC to charge it to your CC.

Keyur.

I also tried to pay my application by credit card, which i will never do again!!! my card company put a stop on it because i'm in the uk and it was such a large amount and a different country that was trying for the money, therefore immi contacted me by email and said I had 2 days before they would try again, I contacted my card company, and emailed immi on several occassions as they still hadn't taken the money, I got no reply then a week later I got an email saying they were returning my application well you can imagine how i felt. So i would advise anyone paying by cresit card to make sure your card company know you are authorising a large payment in australia on your card, in future i pay by bank cheque, so much easier at least you know there should be no problems.

Lisa
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Suppose it depends on the type of card you have, your credit limit and the usual level of your transactions.

I also followed the instructions on the form to pay by cc and had no problems.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 4:47 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Ive never known TRA or IMMI taking payments by credit card NEVER, i always thought it had to be a funds transfer into their bank acct from your bank acct inc transaction fees !
Soryy should have said..its the application not the TRA...Ive done that bit..
Old Jan 29th 2004, 4:50 am
Moomin member

Originally posted by floweroscotland
I also tried to pay my application by credit card, which i will never do again!!! my card company put a stop on it because i'm in the uk and it was such a large amount and a different country that was trying for the money, therefore immi contacted me by email and said I had 2 days before they would try again, I contacted my card company, and emailed immi on several occassions as they still hadn't taken the money, I got no reply then a week later I got an email saying they were returning my application well you can imagine how i felt. So i would advise anyone paying by cresit card to make sure your card company know you are authorising a large payment in australia on your card, in future i pay by bank cheque, so much easier at least you know there should be no problems.

Lisa
this is exactly whats happening to me then..I filled all the bits out on the actual forms etc...Ive been trying to get them to take the money since the 18th of December..what a malarky...!!!
Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We sent ours on 13th november 2003 and the money was taken out on 19th november 2003.

We used our visa debit card, so went straight out of our bank account.

Old Jan 29th 2004, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the US, and I paid by Debit Card (which has since expired) with no problem. As someone else stated, there is a section of the 47sk application to enter your credit/debit card number and expiration date.