Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pay for two,use one.!!!

Pay for two,use one.!!!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough
Default Pay for two,use one.!!!

Would it work out cheaper (now counting pennies ) if we have a return flight to OZ , wont use return ......i've been told a single ticket could cost us more ??

How did you do it ???

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated

Cindyloo
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Nick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pay for two,use one.!!!

Hi Cindy

www.expedia.co.uk is always the best site for finding deals, I have found.

Flight Centre can be OK but I find that they do not give you all options and have not had good experiences with them at all.

Expedia allows you to look at and browse all price options.

For what it's worth, I recommend Singapore Airlines as by far the best carrier to Aus from the UK. Other people also like Emirates a lot.

Cheers!

Nick
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

I just checked singapores website a few days ago and they were offering one way to sydney inc taxes for less than £500 departing 5th Sept

Olias
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:57 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

i think if i've read the original post right

they are going from Oz to UK!

why else would they want return to Oz but not use it!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:58 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

If you buy a return and you don't turn up for the return journey then you just loe it - no biggy!

Bit silly if you KNOW you're not going to use it though

You can get one way cheaper (not Much cheaper, but if you're counting pennies)
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Nick,just had a good look.....found Flight for one way from LH,to Brisbane £463 including taxes.....i think that's so good with Singapore A as well.

Thanks Olias....i don't know where my friend got it from that its cheaper to get a return ticket...even though you know you wont be returning to UK....but its just not true.

Cindyloo
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:07 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cindyloo
Thanks Nick,just had a good look.....found Flight for one way from LH,to Brisbane £463 including taxes.....i think that's so good with Singapore A as well.

Thanks Olias....i don't know where my friend got it from that its cheaper to get a return ticket...even though you know you wont be returning to UK....but its just not true.

Cindyloo
so your going from UK to OZ .............or OZ to UK????
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cindyloo

Cindyloo
Buying two singles is often more expensive than buying a return - I've yet to find a single airfare that is exactly half the price of a return.

Look at as many travel sites as you can (including the airlines' own sites) and seeing who's cheapest for your route on the date you want to travel.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Buying two singles is often more expensive than buying a return - I've yet to find a single airfare that is exactly half the price of a return.

Look at as many travel sites as you can (including the airlines' own sites) and seeing who's cheapest for your route on the date you want to travel.

Cheers

Steve
Sam we are Going From London to OZ..... and will be staying in OZ.

Thanks for all your replies

Cindyloo