Paw Paw Fruit

Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:35 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paw Paw Fruit

Well I thought I'll try out the paw paw fruit when walking around woolies today, it looked interesting.

It tasted yuck ......I was reading on the internet it should taste like Vanilla custard but it didnt at all.

Maybe it was bad or something, anyone else have views on this ???
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:53 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paw Paw Fruit

Originally Posted by rapitts
Well I thought I'll try out the paw paw fruit when walking around woolies today, it looked interesting.

It tasted yuck ......I was reading on the internet it should taste like Vanilla custard but it didnt at all.

Paw Paw taste terrible here no idea why but try one in Fiji or Tonga and they are totally different, we persevered for several and all were awful . Now pretty soon it'll be Mango season again they're my all time favourite, local ones sold on the roadside are a bit hit and miss but if you remember where you bought the good ones MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I agree with you. I bought one the other day for the first time and it chucked straight in the bin after one mouthful YUK!!!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Paw paw taste great if you squeeze fresh lime juice over them...it really enhances the flavour. I'm not a fan of them on their own but with lime they are wonderful
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:05 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Never tried it but I found "Paw Paw" ointment when I was in Aus last year.... I suffer from dry skin & this was recc'd to me by my brother. IT IS FANTASTIC!!!! It is so damn good that my mum know sends it to me every month!!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:44 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

My favourite fruit.

They are tropical and don't keep well, so Australian supermarkets shipping to places like Perth seem to have ones that are picked too early. Shop around. Visit the markets, cos when they are good they are fantastic!

Oh .. the best are probably exported!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

My boyfriend hates them too, he says they smell like vomit but I think they're gorgeous, one of my favourite fruit.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:16 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Only the red Papaya (Paw Paw) is to be eaten fresh - with a sour lemon or lime - the yellow is only useful for pickles and cooking when "green".
Old Oct 26th 2004, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Paw Paw is also great with grapefruit. Cut up the paw paw into chunks and segment a nice juicy ruby grapefruit, pop in the fridge to chill it and eat....YUMMY!!!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 2:34 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

in the interests of consumerism (and to satisfy my own nosiness!!) I had a look while i was in sainsburys this afternoon......tiny little yellow things that were £1.59!!!!

needless to say, I left pawpaw-less!!!!!!! lmao!!

sue
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logan
My boyfriend hates them too, he says they smell like vomit but I think they're gorgeous, one of my favourite fruit.
Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! MIL offers them to us when we go up there, and I really have to bite my lip to stop myself telling her they remind me of vomit!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:20 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Love them. Also know as Papaya. They do taste better with lime squeezed on them.

Got a taste for them in Sri Lanka.

Jo