Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport Runs Out In 2006!!

Passport Runs Out In 2006!!

Old May 11th 2005, 9:26 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Question Passport Runs Out In 2006!!

We are waiting to be told that we have got the visas but I have just noticed that Andys passport runs out in March 2006. Should I send it off to renew before we hear anything or shall I just leave it??

Jayne
Old May 11th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Passport Runs Out In 2006!!

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
We are waiting to be told that we have got the visas but I have just noticed that Andys passport runs out in March 2006. Should I send it off to renew before we hear anything or shall I just leave it??

Jayne
Hi Jayne,
I would send it off and renew it. I did for mine - they will add up to 9 months onto the new 10 year passport and it only takes a couple of weeks to do. One less thing to worry about later!
Pootle
Old May 12th 2005, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Passport Runs Out In 2006!!

Originally Posted by Pootle
Hi Jayne,
I would send it off and renew it. I did for mine - they will add up to 9 months onto the new 10 year passport and it only takes a couple of weeks to do. One less thing to worry about later!
Pootle
I waited and although renewing is okay it is a hassle, you have to get things certified, pay much more for the passport to be done over here, wait 2 times longer, then you have to carry your old passport for the visa, or pay for it to be moved into your new one.

do it now and be done with it is my advice unless you are in a great hurry to move over here and cant wait.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:59 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CornishPasty
I waited and although renewing is okay it is a hassle, you have to get things certified, pay much more for the passport to be done over here, wait 2 times longer, then you have to carry your old passport for the visa, or pay for it to be moved into your new one.

do it now and be done with it is my advice unless you are in a great hurry to move over here and cant wait.
I also changed mine for a new one as it ran out not long after I would have got here.

On my application was my old passport number I just sent a covering letter when I sent my passport for evidencing and all was ok.

As others have said it is a lot more hastel to do this after you ahve got the visa in the passport and some people have had trouble with having the visa in there old passport and taking that along as proof of the visa.
Cheers
Kala
Old May 12th 2005, 4:29 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by andy & jayne

Jayne

renew it now for ease - you'll get 9 months of unused time added on to your new one anyway
Old May 12th 2005, 6:23 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mlbonner
renew it now for ease - you'll get 9 months of unused time added on to your new one anyway
I renewed mine (got an extra 9 months on it) and did it same day by going to the passport office in Liverpool. Took about 4 hours in total.