Reload this Page >

Passport delayed over and over

Passport delayed over and over

Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:41 am
Just Joined

fatyak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport delayed over and over

Hello,
I have an urgent need to travel for a wedding to europe, yet this doesn't seem to matter now since it's been delayed so badly.

First of all I was told I could apply for my british passport whilst in germany or finland, as I'd be abroad and it would be fine as long as I was in that country with a stable address for x amount of time. Unfortunately I couldn't do that because the wedding is being celebrated in a time gap. Hard to explain and many variables and details I wont go in to.
Anyway!

I put my application in the next day.
I put my application in to the australian post on the 22nd of February to get my first time british passport. They told me it would take 3-4 weeks to process then sent.
2 weeks pass and I call the careline service number to find out how my application is going. I was told it will be here in 1 week and should be finished sometime during the next few days. I explained my urgency to travel and I was told it was "escalated" and become "urgent". So no problem I waited few days. 3 days before my flight I'm starting to worry it wont be here in time, even though i was told it was escalated and made urgent etc. I called the helpline again to find out whats going on, "It's still processing and will be finished in 1 week". Again, I wait another week changing my flights and rescheduling the wedding. 1 week later I call up again as it's still not here even though it's extremely urgent and I cant keep delaying everything. I said I have called up to find out what is going on and I've explained why it's urgent and my need to travel and if there is any chance to get this escalated or at least a specific date as to when I'd receive it. So I was told it had been escalated and the IPS will call me immediately. I asked how long immediate was, they said less than 24 hours because of the flights being so close. Well what do you know, 48 hours later. No call, no information. Nothing at all..

What can I do?

I'd be happy enough with a specific date. That is all.
Because of all the above, It was impossible for me to find a new job. So I'm living out of my bag and pocket. How lovely.

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Passport delayed over and over

Curious - what happened to the passport with which you came to Australia on?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

i really don't want to type out a wall of text to explain heh
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

It might just be easier applying for a visa with whatever passport you have rather than applying for a new one.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
It might just be easier applying for a visa with whatever passport you have rather than applying for a new one.
trust me, it's not hehe
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

You probably dont want to hear this but I got a first time issued brand new Australian Passport in 45 minutes. The passport office here in Canberra couldnt have been more helpfull. To cap it all, I even got my $78 Priority Processing Fee returned.

Barney
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:34 am
Just Joined

I need a british passport, not an australian one ><
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They will do what they can, sometimes applications can get 'lost' in the system but they are under no legal requirement to sort your passport out immediately. It's not their fault or of any interest to them that you have a wedding to go to, it's not what I would call an emergency. The British Consulate Helpline could be being manned by all manner of people who possibly don't know their arse from their elbow.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:26 am
Just Joined

But the thing is, it's not only that. Most of the documents sent aren't even mine. They're my fathers and mothers etc, not to mention they might "need" them. I'd need those documents back asap as well.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatyak
But the thing is, it's not only that. Most of the documents sent aren't even mine. They're my fathers and mothers etc, not to mention they might "need" them. I'd need those documents back asap as well.
I'm obviously missing something major here, maybe it's in the time gap but if Aus Post (who would only give a generalised answer) said 3-4 weeks, it has only just been four weeks so I don't quite understand the problem. Give it a few more days and you'll probably have it.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm obviously missing something major here, maybe it's in the time gap but if Aus Post (who would only give a generalised answer) said 3-4 weeks, it has only just been four weeks so I don't quite understand the problem. Give it a few more days and you'll probably have it.
thats exactly what I have been told each time, i'm sort of in a rush.
if they original said, yeh in 5 weeks at this rough date you will have it at the start, sure! but the general Oh it will be finished by x date, and at x date changed to y date is just really costly for not only me but the rest of the people involved.

not to mention i was told the IPS will call me immediately, which they still haven't.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

thats exactly what I have been told each time, i'm sort of in a rush.
if they original said, yeh in 5 weeks at this rough date you will have it at the start, sure! but the general Oh it will be finished by x date, and at x date changed to y date is just really costly for not only me but the rest of the people involved.

not to mention i was told the IPS will call me immediately, which they still haven't.
But that's not their problem and to be honest, the passport people must continually get people claiming emergencies and urgent needs, how many of them are legit? Not saying your emergency isn't real, just that they are a business that you have to use, you can't go elsewhere, so they don't worry about the odd person getting wound up, it's irrelevant to them.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
But that's not their problem and to be honest, the passport people must continually get people claiming emergencies and urgent needs, how many of them are legit? Not saying your emergency isn't real, just that they are a business that you have to use, you can't go elsewhere, so they don't worry about the odd person getting wound up, it's irrelevant to them.
Thats not exactly quality customer assurance at all.
I can understand people claiming "urgency" etc and not really taking notice, but I would have at least thought i'd be called or given notice to whats happening.

If i was purchasing say a switchboard for my company, and the manufacturer didn't call or tell me any details about when it will be ready or how its going after I was told i'd be immediately contacted, my business would suffer greatly due to not having any power. Get what I mean?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand people claiming "urgency" etc and not really taking notice, but I would have at least thought i'd be called or given notice to whats happening.

If i was purchasing say a switchboard for my company, and the manufacturer didn't call or tell me any details about when it will be ready or how its going after I was told i'd be immediately contacted, my business would suffer greatly due to not having any power. Get what I mean?
What passport do you already own? We don't need a wall of information, just what passport do you have?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

That's different, you could use a different manufacturer. If you want a British Passport you HAVE to use the British Passport office, customer service doesn't have to be quality - from their point of view obviously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.